Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are your plans

What are your plans

Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:29 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your plans

Originally posted by Ceri

It's only one of the biggest fishing comps around Brisbane each year. I go most years.. it's worth taking your kids to it too, they lay on entertainment in the evenings too. to keep the young uns happy ( bouncy castles and such) .it usually starts friday evening, if you want to join the comp, signing on is usually before 7 or 8pm ( I haven't got a form on me).. but forms can be picked up down there.

The comp attracts a few thousand every year.. I didn't get to go to it last year, the only year I missed going.

(11-14th - Moreton Bay & Offshore Family Fishing Challenge. Annual fishing competition. Redland Bay - in hotel grounds. Ph: 0418 192 139 (Geoff Reinke))
Ahhhh excellent! With any luck everyone will be up at the fishing comp & the broadwater & the Pin will be deserted & we will have them all to ourselves .

Luckily we were away when King of the Pin was on a couple of weeks back, what a nightmare that would have been down there
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:34 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Ahhhh excellent! With any luck everyone will be up at the fishing comp & the broadwater & the Pin will be deserted & we will have them all to ourselves .

Luckily we were away when King of the Pin was on a couple of weeks back, what a nightmare that would have been down there
don't laugh.. but I call that "gay of the bay". (King of the pin). I've never done that comp for a lot of reasons, and to be honest I think downie is a bit of a tw@t... although a very nice man when you meet him... I just disagree with him... he is very odd. Do you know he came up to me once ... I was dressed in my drizabone, and hat and all, acting very low key.. he thought I was his son lol... I looked at his son and he was some skinny 13 yr old... and I thought hello ... I'm not that skinny ( I tend to do these comps with a hat on, my hair pilled under my hat... I look like a wee kid... ( I'm coverd in layers of clothing ... in disguise) .. I should take offence lol!!!!

are you doing the redland comp?

I usually do the manly one too. on labour day.. but I couldn't find the forms, and it looked if it was cancelled this year.. was it? .. even phoned someone up over there... and she was no help what so ever... so if tit happened this year , they lost some people who usually enter it every year

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 10th 2004 at 5:49 am.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:48 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

don't laugh.. but I call that "gay of the bay".. I've never done that comp for a lot of reasons, and tyo be honest I think downie is a bt of a tw@t... although a very nice man when you meet him... I just disagree with him... he is very odd.

are you ding the redland comp?

I usually do the manly one too... but I couldn't find the forms, and it looked if it was cancelled this year.. was it?
Dunno about the Manly one, to be honest had forgetten that they even had one & havent seen any promotion of it this year, what weekend was it supposed to be?

Dunno Downie, cant comment, although my brother knows Brownie.

Pass on the Redlands one, we're planning to go over & anchor off north end of South Straddie for the weekend, up around the Bedrooms, like I said, with luck everyone will be up doing the comp & we'll have a deserted beach.

Good luck in the comp! Give the Mayor a kiss from me :scared:
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:51 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Dunno about the Manly one, to be honest had forgetten that they even had one & havent seen any promotion of it this year, what weekend was it supposed to be?

Dunno Downie, cant comment, although my brother knows Brownie.

Pass on the Redlands one, we're planning to go over & anchor off north end of South Straddie for the weekend, up around the Bedrooms, like I said, with luck everyone will be up doing the comp & we'll have a deserted beach.

Good luck in the comp! Give the Mayor a kiss from me :scared:
Labour day weekend ... I've done it most years ( and won a few things) , but this year I could not find anything... just edited my last post.

Ps not telling where we will be off just that will be the place marked X ... enjoy yourself... ooh I' gettin' all excited now... gawd I'm sad

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 10th 2004 at 6:44 am.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:58 am
Rocket Scientist

Do you know he came up to me once ... I was dressed in my drizabone, and hat and all, acting very low key.. he thought I was his son lol... I looked at his son and he was some skinny 13 yr old... and I thought hello ... I'm not that skinny
Yeah, but are you that short? LOL

Should have a great weekend, havent been out for over a month now because of being away in Tassie & having some work done on the boat, so looking forward to it
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:03 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Yeah, but are you that short? LOL

Should have a great weekend, havent been out for over a month now because of being away in Tassie & having some work done on the boat, so looking forward to it
excuse me .. I'm five foot 4 ... not short in the least.. although nobody believes me I'm that tall, even my hubby laughs when I say this.... But I am!!! official! it's just I am slighty built with a big a gob!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

excuse me .. I'm five foot 4 ... not short in the least.. ....
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:48 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by young_lad
oh p*ss off I'm taller than Kylie

cheers... I'm off now, to do a bit of road rage on the way home... I'm staving and could with a beer... ooh the excitement
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:48 am
ABCDiamond

and to be honest I think downie is a bit of a tw@t... although a very nice man when you meet him... I just disagree with him... he is very odd.
That's only because he is English !!

Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
That's only because he is English !!
that figures

ok, I'm going now!!!! ( I've got to laugh ... I left tit happened instead of it happened... I tend to type quick.. and hit the odd key too fast... ahh well I'll leave it there)

I'm off now... cherio

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 10th 2004 at 6:53 am.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

trehere is on a distinguished road

What is it with homesickness this week?! I have been feeling bad too. Maybe its cos the sun is shining in Essex and I know my lovely garden is sat there with someone else enjoying it!
However we have rented a house for a big group of us in Portsea to celebrate the Queen's birthday so hopefully it won't rain ALL weekend!