Reload this Page >

British women fed up with 'dull and gruelling' lifestyles

British women fed up with 'dull and gruelling' lifestyles

Old Jun 10th 2004, 5:35 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default British women fed up with 'dull and gruelling' lifestyles

Sounds like a load of tosh to me:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004...l?oneclick=true

81 per cent wanted to escape punishing work and household roles with spiralling debts, rubbish sex and social lives and the pressures of having a perfect body.
40 per cent would rather live abroad in dream locations such as Australia.
Six out of 10 (59%) blamed a poor sex life for making them miserable
Come to Oz, and get better sex?
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British women fed up with 'dull and gruelling' lifestyles

There are more insights in peoples' comments about Oz and England: Comments
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JulesandChris

Come to Oz, and get better sex?
A misquote.

They mean come to Oz and be well-screwed by the taxation system
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MikeStanton
Cant read the original article but the responses are absolutely hilarious!! The first comment was funny enough...especially the bit "in England I'd have to get far out of London to be able to...." Why do so many Aussies think that England IS London!!!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:31 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Ripper comments:

I can understand it. Imagine living in a country full of Pommies!
KD

What's there not to like about Australia?
From Nepal

Err, not MY comments mind.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I can only say one thing FFS

I think before anyone in the UK can comment on life in Australia they should actually go there:scared: The perception of paradise portrayed in the UK is so far from reality you cant even laugh, its sad.

Have I missed something like I seriously wonder if the UK is putting hallucogenic drugs into the water supply and constantly showing Oz lifestyle shows in order to reduce the population
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Megalania
Ripper comments:

I can understand it. Imagine living in a country full of Pommies!
KD

What's there not to like about Australia?
From Nepal

Err, not MY comments mind.
Hail Mary,

You forgot to quote some of the others. Eg:

It's funny, but i bet the majority on here slagging off the UK have never been there! I had the best 3 years of my lfe living in London, i am back here to look after a sick parent but will go back ASAP.

I earnt a huge wage there, compared to OZ
I found clothes & groceries cheaper in the UK to OZ
I got to work on a more efficent 'tube' compared to cityrail's effort
Europe is at the door, North America is 6 hours away.

When i returned to OZ, i was shocked at the snobby, materialistic attitudes and 'we're the best' all the time. OZ is never mentioned in UK/Europe and everyone thinks people here live like on Home & Away and Neighbours! Go travel the world, the media is not always correct.
And a more balanced comment - and it looks like from another Aussie.
What is going on here? England is a great place to live. My wife and I have been here (in England) for over six years, and we are loving it.

Sure the weather is abit drab, but at least our ears aren't falling off due to skin cancer. If it was just down to the weather, how come we aren't slagging off the Scandies or the Dutch? There are alot of those guys living here who are our friends.

And the bit about the whinging Poms, struth, have you ever heard a bunch of new Aussie arrivals in London? Now wonder so many British women want out of the capital!

After saying all of the above, my wife and I shall return... we miss the beaches and family.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Sorry but I cant stop laughing, can you honestly imagine the pommie ladies face when she hits OZ faced with a skin frazzling 40 degrees, a supermarket that thinks peeled spuds are from the moon, where men expect their dinner on the table every night, give up her well paid english job to fight off 400 other applicants for a shelf stacking job that you need to do an IQ test for Then give up wine bars and clothes for weekends in baggy shorts standing in the corner chatting about tupperwear while passing hubby a beer

Of course she could go outback and in between swotting flies wipe the sheeps butts as well as the kids

Sorry I just fell off my chair

Plus its too bloody hot for sex most of the year
Old Jun 10th 2004, 7:56 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Most of those comments are pretty balanced compared to some in the 'Why' thread
Dotty, Mike, get in there, NOW! (Pants and Hiddenpaw are doing well though)
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:00 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Hail Mary,

You forgot to quote some of the others. Eg:

And a more balanced comment - and it looks like from another Aussie.
Baruch Hu,

Not as pithy but.

Look, if'n yer likes mobs o' bods about, London is as good as any other Hole of Calcutta. If'n yer likes green manicured gardens Britain is not too rotten.
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:09 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone
Most of those comments are pretty balanced compared to some in the 'Why' thread
Dotty, Mike, get in there, NOW! (Pants and Hiddenpaw are doing well though)
And now I remember why I dont bother with expats anymore .
Old Jun 10th 2004, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

[

Plus its too bloody hot for sex most of the year [/QUOTE]

Heat is supposed to be an aphrodisiac Dotty! That's why most people go on their sex haunts to Sultry Spain.