Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is that what you were told when you called the removal...

is that what you were told when you called the removal...

Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default Re: is that what you were told when you called the removal...

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
this is the latest from Crown, they called my OH, and said we wont come to your place, but once you get your estimate from other companies call us, then we give you a quote.
WTF if they want my business they better get their backside here and fight for it.
Quite right to chase them Gormac
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
this is the latest from Crown, they called my OH, and said we wont come to your place, but once you get your estimate from other companies call us, then we give you a quote.
WTF if they want my business they better get their backside here and fight for it.
I'm really surprised at this. I called Crown last week, they couldn't have been nicer. Made appointment for them to come next Tuesday to give us a quote. They never asked if we'd already had quotes or anything like that.
They also said they'd bring some info on emigrating and ways to help young children adjust. Really nice.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
I'm really surprised at this. I called Crown last week, they couldn't have been nicer. Made appointment for them to come next Tuesday to give us a quote. They never asked if we'd already had quotes or anything like that.
They also said they'd bring some info on emigrating and ways to help young children adjust. Really nice.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Isn't that amazing, how they treat one client to the next, well other half received yet another call from them again yesterday, and they asked him when are I thinking to leave, OH said mid to end of Jan, then she said the reason we are not coming is we are not doing Jan quote in Nov.
we give quote in Dec, I think the Oh has already decided they are not going to have the job, he said bloody joke, what sort of excuse is that.
and they said can they come first week of Dec, so we have let them come, but the job wont go to them.
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:00 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gormac
Hi just saw your post i worked in removals for about 15 years take it from me if a company can,t be bothered to come to your house and give you a free estimate i would not touch them wiyh a barge pole All the best if you have any probs just get in touch Gormac

I would think that to!! All the people we rang, John Masons, Doree Bonner and Whites came to the house!! How can they rely on YOU saying how many boxes you needed?? People ALWAYS underestimate the amount of stuff they have!!
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:09 pm
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough

We have several people round to give us estimates - I wouldn't have entertained doing it over the phone - and ended up going with Doree Bonner. They wern't the cheapest (or the dearest), but they seemed the most professional and helpful.

They came and packed our stuff two weeks ago and I have to say they did a good job; and the estimate was right on the money - no nasty surprises with the cost.

Of course nothing has been shipped yet so we won't find out whether we made the right choice 'till we get to the other end, but early indications are good.

CMR