Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

Originally Posted by fireeater
But no decent, cheap meths
I'm sure you can acquire some just go down to Fitzroy st when the Salvation Army are giving out their food you'll be able to make some good contacts
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:49 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by walla1

Can you explain the migration process to me?
When it starts getting cold, fly somewhere warmer
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:50 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'll come there instead then.

Can you explain the migration process to me?

Also I'm unsure when to put my house on the market. You've just sold yours, any advice?
I think you need to ask your landlord first
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:51 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

When it starts getting cold, fly somewhere warmer
you ever considered taking the immigration agents test?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:51 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by fraser
I'm sure you can acquire some just go down to Fitzroy st when the Salvation Army are giving out their food you'll be able to make some good contacts
Who do you think I am?

As a Williamstown resident, I don't stoop to such behaviour....I can afford my own meths
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:53 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to ask your landlord first
is that the bloke I pay my rent to?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:54 am

Who do you think I am?

As a Williamstown resident, I don't stoop to such behaviour....I can afford my own meths
Snob!

is that the bloke I pay my rent to?
That'll be the one

you ever considered taking the immigration agents test?
Could do...but I'm not one for revising so I'd just wing it
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:56 am

Snob!

Snobs brew their own ethyl alcohol
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:58 am
Keeping it fairly real

That'll be the one
well for sure I'll not miss him when I leave the UK.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:00 am
Keeping it fairly real

Could do...but I'm not one for revising so I'd just wing it

go for it, you'd be good.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:02 am

go for it, you'd be good.
Thanks...it would be one way of increasing my reputation on BE
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:06 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Ohhhhhh! Munchies near the Haymarket in Newcastle. I loved that place! the King was the best bloke ever. 'Cept I used to be constantly in danger of getting a red card. Bloody students!

a decent kebab.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:11 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Not *who* but *what* are you going to miss the most about the UK? When you're sunning yourself on the beach in Oz, what will you really, really wish you could still have or be part of?

I'm going to miss the snow. Not that we have it often down here in the SW, but I do love it.
I think I'll miss being able to buy everything in the one supermarket, i.e. alcohol and food. When we validated it felt quite strange going to the bottle shop and then food shopping. But hey I'll get over it!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.