Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:19 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you going to miss the most about the UK?

UK plugs and a good broadband connection
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:22 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Come to Victoria then: we have plenty of it, reliably every winter, only 2-3 hours drive from the City of Melbourne. You can ski, take an enchanted forest walking tour, & go snow-walking

Cheers
Anya.
Nice idea, Anya. But we're Perth-bound...shame we can't move dh's employer! I think the climate would suit me a lot better in Victoria (not being a great heat lover! ), but it's not an option. Once we get our PR maybe...
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:52 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by rich4efc
Everton, Saints RFL & curling up in a nice warm bed on a freezing cold night
Unless you are living in the far north of OZ there will be freezing nights in OZ during winter, for example where l live in Victoria it has gotten down to
zero and 1 or 2 degrees overnight recently.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:53 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacknat
fraser,

neil wanker, i thank you
Sorry Colin wanker which he is known as in football as it's an anagram of his name
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:55 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Not *who* but *what* are you going to miss the most about the UK? When you're sunning yourself on the beach in Oz, what will you really, really wish you could still have or be part of?

I'm going to miss the snow. Not that we have it often down here in the SW, but I do love it.
It snows in OZ during winter in the states of N.S.W , Victoria and Tasmania.
There are ski resorts in Southern NSW and eastern Victoria.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:56 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

I will miss my car. I love her so much!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

adele m is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
i'll miss the light nights and er thats it---preety rubbish really
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lucyb
Traffic jams and not much else....that's why we are going!!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm going to miss Tesco Direct then secondly self scanning at Sainsburys. The thought of going back to loading up the trolley, unloading onto a conveyor belt, then loading it up again,
now theres one u wont need to bother about. they pack your bags here....pain in the arse really i feel like ripping the bags off them and packing it myself. i tried asking if i could do it once and was told thay its not allowed
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:31 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to add what i miss

not having to repeat my self
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:34 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm going to miss Tesco Direct then secondly self scanning at Sainsburys. The thought of going back to loading up the trolley, unloading onto a conveyor belt, then loading it up again, then unloading it into the car, then carrying it into the and only then putting away, does not thrill me greatly.
God me too!!! Do they have home delivery shopping in Oz?!! I spend a fortune if I have to step foot in the shop!!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:37 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by adele m
i'll miss the light nights and er thats it---preety rubbish really
This again depends on which part of Oz, you're going to. In December in Melbourne the sun goes down at 9.30pm and it's a lot warmer than June in UK. If you're going to QLD then you will miss the late nights.

A
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:40 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tygwyn
God me too!!! Do they have home delivery shopping in Oz?!! I spend a fortune if I have to step foot in the shop!!
Yes they do, although it may not be available in all areas.

A
PS: I miss cheap books.

Last edited by kirsty&al; Aug 1st 2005 at 10:43 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:41 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by tygwyn
yes, theres home delivery shopping in oz.

Old Aug 1st 2005, 10:43 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussie73
yes, theres home delivery shopping in oz.
Oh thank god for that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.