Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What would you do?

What would you do?

Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:42 pm
sula

Question What would you do?

If your Australian dream came to an end tomorrow, what would you do with the rest of your life?????

Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What would you do?

Originally Posted by sula
If your Australian dream came to an end tomorrow, what would you do with the rest of your life?????
Hmmm, cheery ... well, I think I'd be disappointed then I'd sort of settle into a pattern of heavy drinking and drug abuse.

Don't sound too bad actually ...
Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:51 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

AAARRRRGGHHHhhhh :scared: :scared:
Desnt bear thinking about!
Donna.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 6:58 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Just crack on I reckon. I've had bigger setbacks ...
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

midge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant futuremidge04 has a brilliant future

Why? Has the Australian dream come to an end for you then?

I would plod along as usual i suppose, then try another country, if i was desperate to get out of this one, or just marry an Ozzy, lol
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midge04
Why? Has the Australian dream come to an end for you then?

I would plod along as usual i suppose, then try another country, if i was desperate to get out of this one, or just marry an Ozzy, lol
He's already married. Don't you watch MTV?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:25 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby and I often talk about this.

We have a lovely house in a really good area and we like the UK. We have set ourselves up so that we have plenty of money that we had plan to take with us and a lump sum that we can't touch until 2009. So if we were to sell our house and hubby were to take redundancy then it all went wrong or if we decided that Oz was not for us and moved back we could easily get back on the housing ladder. I am training to be a teacher so work would not be a problem. The children are at brilliant schools/nursery and if we stayed would be set to go to a very good gramma school. We want to move to Oz for a different lifestyle, we realise that both countries have a lot to offer so if it all went wrong we would experience an initial peroid of dissapointment and what ifs... but we would get over it and enjoy a really good life here in England.

ACE
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:52 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

I would put my arms round my wife, tell her we gave it our best shot, and then get on with life somewhere other than here.

Malcolm.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:01 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Look for another country!

Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:06 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

1. Drink my local off-licence dry.

2. Try picking myself up (once sober) then looking at any other country that might accept the Nobbies !
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:29 pm
Cheeky

I think I would go to France (some family already live there) or.............

Sell up house, downsize and live MORTGAGE FREE!!!

Heh Ho!!!

Cheeky!!!!

Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

anypan is an unknown quantity at this point

I would possibly look to move back to Ireland or another country, but I definately would not come back here as all the inustry in south wales is headig to China.

We have not talked about that out come but we have both decided to give it our best shot and do all that is possible so it does not fail.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:49 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I would get on with life.

As most of my life involves my husband and soon to be our child, it is more important that I am with them, than where we are. A possiblilty that would stop us getting the visas would be if there was a medical problem with our baby, and if that is to be the case, moving to Oz would suddenly become insignificant.

What about you Sula?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Italy and run a cheese shop, that also sold breads and wine and whisky and port and all the utensils etc required.
Thinking about it, I may do that in Australia and say 'sod it' to nursing!
Cas
Old Oct 7th 2004, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be pretty disappointed, but I'd probably go to NZ or happily stay in the UK. Or go back to Ireland. Or move to France. Or Spain. Or South Africa? Er....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.