Reload this Page >

What would u do ????????

What would u do ????????

Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

alancarter is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy What would u do ????????

Hi All,

Need some good advise my app has been with ASPC since April 04 7m 23d to be exact but who counting ha guys???? sorry about that any way back to the question would you get the meds and PCC done now all wait till after christmas if we are working on 52wk processing times. Please help going nuts.

Many Thanks Alan
Old Nov 11th 2004, 3:51 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What would u do ????????

Originally Posted by alancarter
Hi All,

Need some good advise my app has been with ASPC since April 04 7m 23d to be exact but who counting ha guys???? sorry about that any way back to the question would you get the meds and PCC done now all wait till after christmas if we are working on 52wk processing times. Please help going nuts.

Many Thanks Alan
Alan,

Personally, I'd get the police checks done now, they only cost £10 each afterall. As for the medicals, they cost a lot of dosh, so I'd call and get some idea of how much notice your nearest DIMIA approved doctor requires. If it's only a couple of weeks I'd wait until they are requested officially from DIMIA. If longer, maybe book a date in December. I expect you'll get the official PCC/medical requests from DIMIA in around 4 weeks time though, at the 10 month point.

So, you're nearly there, try and do other things to save time later, and take your mind off the waiting. I am currently scanning in all our photos and putting them on CD, something I should have done months ago!

TBEB
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

sheila and joe is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Many Thanks Alan
we are also still waiting since march 3rd -- our agent had said it was about 9 months processing time and that would take us to dec -- this also fits in with a couple of threads latley where people have had their meds requested. we did ask our agent about sending meds unrequested but he said no -- mind u I suppose that is the agents job -- I'm not sure how much time it would actually save --- so its back to the crazy insufferable waiting game --- hope u ( and us) hear very soon

sheila
Old Nov 11th 2004, 6:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The doctors generally have space within a week or two of ringing. Hang on in there.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:00 am
Just Joined

alancarter is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks sheila,

I was told today that we should hear within the next 4-5 weeks hope this is ture its driving us mad house is sold we move out after xmas our friends move out to brisbane in 4 weeks were are you heading for.

regards
Alan and family
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hi Alan

There still seems to be quite a few of us Jan & Feb applicants who haven't heard anything yet or had meds requested so I'd hang on for a few more weeks yet.

CK
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks sheila,

I was told today that we should hear within the next 4-5 weeks hope this is ture its driving us mad house is sold we move out after xmas our friends move out to brisbane in 4 weeks were are you heading for.

regards
Alan and family
We got tired of waiting and so did our meds before the request (agent didnt see a problem). We think it might reduce the time by a few weeks (time taken to get the meds booked, get the bloodwork done and returned and the time its takes to send it all to Adelaide). The downside is you dont get the request for meds that gives that nice warm feeling that your app is actaully being processed!
Having said that we've just mailed our agent and asked him to check that DIMIA have recieved the meds (fingers crossed)
I'd say go for it - it might help to ease the madness