shattered dream

Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Donnamarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy shattered dream

Hi all - just looking for some tea and sympathy. we are trying to sell our house. we have a completed chain of 4 including us and we agreed a big price reduction on basis we had a say in the dates - ie exchange within 4 weeks and completion 4 weeks after that. this was 6 weeks ago and we STILL haven't exchanged. Keep being told tomorrow and our dream of being in Brisbane for Christmas is slipping away as hubby needs to serve a months notice. I am sure you have all been there before - any words of encouragement will be welcomed!!

Thanks in anticipation..........
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:14 pm
you lookin at me?

Ghostface will become famous soon enough
Default Re: shattered dream

Originally Posted by Donnamarie
Hi all - just looking for some tea and sympathy. we are trying to sell our house. we have a completed chain of 4 including us and we agreed a big price reduction on basis we had a say in the dates - ie exchange within 4 weeks and completion 4 weeks after that. this was 6 weeks ago and we STILL haven't exchanged. Keep being told tomorrow and our dream of being in Brisbane for Christmas is slipping away as hubby needs to serve a months notice. I am sure you have all been there before - any words of encouragement will be welcomed!!

Donnamarie, i know it's very difficult, but dont wish on a date, just wish on getting there, a lot of folk on here have had house worries etc, just keep your chin up & plough on, you will get there although some times it seems as if all is stacked against you, it's not.

Cheers & best of luck with the rest of your journey.

ps. i'm all out of tea.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Hang in there Donnamarie, they say that selling a house is one of the most stressful things you can do so imagine the relief when it's all over.

You'll be on the plane before you know it
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys,

We have been trying not to hope on a date but my sister is travelling oz and will be on her own at christmas and wants to be with us (even though there's no turkey on offer - thats sisterley love for you) - we were told all along it was possible and two weeks ago were told just a couple more days, then its tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow......
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there donnamarie. Know exactly where your coming from right now. we were supposed to have exchanged 6 weeks ago. Our buyers have been messing us about with their mortgage (basically they didn't have one!!). Now that their mortgage has been approved, they say they are unable to provide their lenders with appropriate ID until their passport is returned from the Home Office (so god knows when thats going to happen). Like you, our dreams of being out in oz before christmas are looking less and less likely.
Hang in there, I'm sure everything will turn out fine for you.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there donnamarie. Know exactly where your coming from right now. we were supposed to have exchanged 6 weeks ago. Our buyers have been messing us about with their mortgage (basically they didn't have one!!). Now that their mortgage has been approved, they say they are unable to provide their lenders with appropriate ID until their passport is returned from the Home Office (so god knows when thats going to happen). Like you, our dreams of being out in oz before christmas are looking less and less likely.
Hang in there, I'm sure everything will turn out fine for you.

Sassie

What is it with these people - two weeks ago our buyers dreamt up a £4k redemption penalty which they couldn't afford to pay. the upshot of that was either we drop some off the price or we lose the sale and solicitors fees etc (plus they had wasted 4 weeks of our time). the estate agents are selling two houses for one fee and we had to drop another £1500 off the price or start again. Am thinking we should have told them where to go!

I really hope it works out for both of us (have to take one of my sprogs to brownies now but will be back later)

Donna
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

(have to take one of my sprogs to brownies now but will be back later)

Donna
Blimey, your brownies start early. Don't worry, the house will go. You may not get there for 25th December. Just have christmas with your sister whenever you do get there. You have the rest of your life. Don't give the numpties the pleasure of winding you up. Sod the tea have something stronger - the sun is definitely over the yard arm - has been for about three days
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:31 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Donna,

We are in a similar position - we really wanted to be in Brisbane for Christmas too!!!!

We have an offer on our house - but they haven't sold their flat - so our dreams of our first Christmas in Oz are pretty non-existant as well!!!
You have all my sympathy as I know how frustrating this is.

Where in Brisbane are you planning to live???

Shell
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

You have my sincere sympathy having gone through all of this during July and August. We accepted an offer from first time buyers at the end of June and our big mistake was to say that we wanted a quick completion because we need to move overseas by the end of September. The whole process just dragged on for no particular reason and as we went into September the buyers wanted more money off of the house because "values had dropped" since accepting their original offer. We were tempted to tell them where to go but in the end we met them halfway on the basis that the sale completed by 17th September. Fortunately for us the exchange and completion took place the same week and we made our move. In the end it all happened very quickly and you might find the same will happen for you.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:36 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: shattered dream

You will sell the darn thing, oh yes (eventually).

Its bloody frustrating that you're so near yet so far, and no doubt this is going to get worse for you before it will get better and it might even make you go a wee bit mad.

BUT just think you're one of the lucky ones who will be living the dream (maybe nightmare once out there - but at least you know you can go there and do this), whereas many on here are going through the worry of waiting if they are accepted.

I agree you can do Xmas another time, and lets face it, Xmas is a bloody rip off and I hate the idea of Xmas being here, however I am destined to sit here in the cold and grey dark weather while you start thinking about your sun loation and thongs (flip flops I meant).

Don't stress too much about it, buy some aussie wine and good luck, I'm very jealous of you, because I'm here for quite a while.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

thanks for all your messages of support. the estate agent called tonight and said he doubts now whether the first time buyers at the bottom will be in a position to go ahead so looks like we will be back on the market. However - I now feel sad for everyone else who is in the same boat too! I guess all things happen for a reason and I am a great beleiver of what goes around comes around - we have acted properly thoughout but everyone has taken advantage of us and our position. I just hope that we get there eventually (and that you all do too!)

I will let you know what happens.....

Donna
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: shattered dream - not any more!!!!!!!!!

Well just thought I would shout from the treetops - WE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS YESTERDAY!! Completion is 8/12 and we will be booking our flights tomorrow. Thanks to all who replied - you kept me going through a horrible last few days.

see you in Brisbane!

Donna
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: shattered dream - not any more!!!!!!!!!

Excellent news Donna, get out the champers!!
Best of luck with your move (and the packing) and have the best Christmas ever in Brisbane.

CK
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Donna

So good to see some good news. Well done and I hope it all goes smoothly for you
Old Nov 12th 2004, 9:37 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one,

Good luck with everything !!