Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What will you be doing this Christmas?

What will you be doing this Christmas?

Old Dec 19th 2002, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Our christmas will be spent enjoying the kids enjoyment of giving and receiving presents and having quality 'family' time together. This is our first christmas in Aus and the first time since we have been married, when hubby has taken time off work to spend christmas with me and the kids so I don't care if people aren't in the christmas spirit here, me and the kids are and that's all that matters. The novelty this year though is that I have been able to buy the kids outdoor toys and we will be able to go out on christmas day and use them, much better than being stuck indoors with hypo excited young kids!

The shops here are in full christmas spirit but they don't seem to be 'over the top' like they were in England, I don't miss living near Lakeside shopping centre in Essex thats for sure! Took me 2 hours once just to get home after shopping there even though I lived literally 2 miles away, and that was the norm if you went shopping there in the evenings around christmas time. Well I suppose some people like it but its not for me.

the only thing I find hard to get used to is the fact that its the end of the school year as well as christmas and the kids have had so much going on at school its hard to keep up with. Still only one more day and it will all be over. Also we don't get to see the christmas lights on the houses as its not dark until about 8.30pm and the kids are in bed by then, so next week we are going to keep them up and take them round the estate to see all the lights and maybe an evening trip into sydney to see the lights there.

Well that will be our christmas, nothing much planned really, just taking things easy!
Old Dec 19th 2002, 5:27 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what will you be doing this christmas

Originally posted by Ceri
well don't listen to the media, if I listned to every little jibe on Aussie news it would get to me too.
We all know Britain suffered, and I don't see the point in comparing it to Australia. All allied soldiers deserve respect.

And sorry Ginny for hijacking your thread that's supposed to be about christmas, how this got started I don't know.

cheers

last word on it
I to retreat from this interesting little bit of banter , Happy Xmas and God Bless our Queen looking forward to Betty on the box christmas day.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 7:02 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what will you be doing this christmas

Originally posted by pommie bastard
I to retreat from this interesting little bit of banter , Happy Xmas and God Bless our Queen looking forward to Betty on the box christmas day.
What, talking about her annus again?

I can't believe they show that crap on the telly over there. Do they show it live in the middle of the night or do they show it during the day when everyone is at the beach?
Old Dec 19th 2002, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again,

Thanks PB and Ceri for that little bit of light relief banter that we all love and cherish!

I must of got a bit carried away with the christmas spirit but I think it's just such a nice time being able to spend time with family and friends where ever you are. We are lucky in that we will all be together this year and I know it must be hard being apart from people you care about.

It is nice in a way looking out (central heating on full blast mind you) at the cold frosty picture covering everything but cooped up crazy kids are just driving me nuts! (Even wrapped up it's child abuse to send them out there).

So where ever you are, whatever you will be doing I hope you all have a great christmas and an even better new year. You never know Santa might bring you what you want!

Love Ginny and family.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 7:03 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default What will I be doing this xmas ?

Getting P****D & flashing me annus horribilus.

BB-I know how to party
Old Dec 19th 2002, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Mrs Baldbutts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will I be doing this xmas ?

Originally posted by baldbutts
Getting P****D & flashing me annus horribilus.

Same as every year then !

Merry christmas to all of you,especially those who've cheered us up & encouraged us when it got a bit tough.

Jan
Old Dec 20th 2002, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

but why is it that australians"celebrate" (and going on and on about it )Gallipoli when it was such a loss? Its like the french celebrating Waterloo!! your right PB -they blame(as usual) never themeselves) the Britsih for the cock up....e
Old Dec 20th 2002, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

madmancunian is an unknown quantity at this point

Avoiding low-flying reindeer if they come our way....

Santa cleared to fly over Australia
December 20, 2002

SANTA has been given the all-clear for Australian airspace on Christmas Eve.

Santa has been given permission to fly over Australia by the Federal Transport Minister John Anderson.

Transport Minister John Anderson said Santa had been fully briefed about changes in the national airspace system since his flight last Christmas.

And it appears Rudolph the reindeer will lead Santa this year, in a bid to comply with aviation lighting rules.

"I am pleased to confirm that Santa will be able to operate in Australian airspace as normal," Mr Anderson said in a statement.

"However, the briefing was complicated by a disagreement about the navigation lights carried by the sleigh."

Mr Anderson said civil aviation regulations require all aircraft to carry red, green and white navigation lights.

But Santa's elves had complained the lights would distract the reindeer.

"One of the reindeer, Rudolph, has a very shiny nose," he said.

"The Civil Aviation Safety Authority has therefore directed that Rudolph must lead the sleigh on Christmas Eve."

Mr Anderson said as there had never been a complaint about low-flying sleighs and reindeer, Santa had been cleared to operate through the Adelaide, Coolangatta and Sydney airport curfew hours.

AAP