Reload this Page >

Self emp- HELP PLEASE- Skilled Ind

Self emp- HELP PLEASE- Skilled Ind

Old Dec 18th 2002, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self emp- HELP PLEASE- Skilled Ind

Hi
Anyone who remembers me will know we, as have the rest of you waiting 'long time'
The HC have requested references for 12 out of the 18 months prior to lodgement (Nov 99 to May 2001) which also needs to show that he has been employed over 20 hours a week. Now i know what silly hours he works and how he has to turn work away due to an abundance of work but how to prove it. Afyer finally ridding myself of the 'agents' i am now trying to do this alone. I have references now which do total this time period and luckily my hubbie has a good rapore with people sp they have been more than willing to help.
Will this suffice. If they ask for inland rev then that could cause a problem.

Anyone else been asked for this kind of info (hard to get as as a self emp joiner they can be working day here, week there, month the other.

Help please

PS it's 38 in Perth at the moment. I am so glad that i had this last chance to spend winter here- NOT
Old Dec 18th 2002, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future
Default Re: Self emp- HELP PLEASE- Skilled Ind

Originally posted by Grub
Hi
Anyone who remembers me will know we, as have the rest of you waiting 'long time'
The HC have requested references for 12 out of the 18 months prior to lodgement (Nov 99 to May 2001) which also needs to show that he has been employed over 20 hours a week. Now i know what silly hours he works and how he has to turn work away due to an abundance of work but how to prove it. Afyer finally ridding myself of the 'agents' i am now trying to do this alone. I have references now which do total this time period and luckily my hubbie has a good rapore with people sp they have been more than willing to help.

Anyone else been asked for this kind of info (hard to get as as a self emp joiner they can be working day here, week there, month the other.

Help please

PS it's 38 in Perth at the moment. I am so glad that i had this last chance to spend winter here- NOT

i'm going for s.m as a air conditiong tech.. i've been s/e for 18 years as a small business owner -it's taken me 3 months to get the references from suppliers and customers...

i've only been asked to confirm that i was working at those times -i don't thnk they should go to the i/r (something to hide?;-)

however there are much better qualified to answer this here....

cheers

richard
Old Dec 18th 2002, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Grub, this answers my question on the other thread...

You did some joinery work for me didn't you, around that period of time, it was a big job, took ages but well worth it.......

Mash..

Hi

Help please

Old Dec 19th 2002, 3:13 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Help please

Over 35C is a pain thankgod we have had far more days in the mid twentys , so all these years of cheating the tax man have cost you a visa hey,sounds like you will fit in with cheating bastards in the building trade here .
Never mind if they give you a visa you might get here just in time for the winter here no snow but you will be used to the rain and cold.
Old Dec 19th 2002, 7:09 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pommie bastard

Over 35C is a pain thankgod we have had far more days in the mid twentys , so all these years of cheating the tax man have cost you a visa hey,sounds like you will fit in with cheating bastards in the building trade here .
Never mind if they give you a visa you might get here just in time for the winter here no snow but you will be used to the rain and cold.
That's low, PB, even for you.

Grub, I reckon if you get a comprehensive set of references and get them copied (certified copies that is) you'll be OK. I certainly hope so.

As for winter in Perth, well, when we were there we had some lovely 25 degree days, although is does get chilly. Much like a British summer really. A darned site better than Melbourne or Sydney.

Good luck with your application, it must be very frustrating, but worth it in the end.

P.S. if you were confident enough to flog your house before getting your visa are you confident enough to send all that cash to Australia to benefit from the good exchange rate?
Old Dec 19th 2002, 11:03 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by renth
That's low, PB, even for you.

Grub, I reckon if you get a comprehensive set of references and get them copied (certified copies that is) you'll be OK. I certainly hope so.

As for winter in Perth, well, when we were there we had some lovely 25 degree days, although is does get chilly. Much like a British summer really. A darned site better than Melbourne or Sydney.

Good luck with your application, it must be very frustrating, but worth it in the end.

P.S. if you were confident enough to flog your house before getting your visa are you confident enough to send all that cash to Australia to benefit from the good exchange rate?
We also get some great nights about 3c, days that gales blow and weeks of rain and wind dream on, and in summer a few days like today 38c to 42C and all you want to do is stay inside with the air-con full on its baking.
Her problems come from being a tax cheat like most in the building trade , my father ran his own building company in the UK, believe me Ned Kellys got nothing on the cowboys that work on the hump as it was then called , 99% of them robbers and conmen .
Having met the same good people out here could it be that Australia had enough of these free loaders?theres hope for this country yet.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Dec 20th 2002 at 2:24 am.
Old Dec 20th 2002, 3:39 am
Forum Regular

Twofingersalute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
We also get some great nights about 3c, days that gales blow and weeks of rain and wind dream on, and in summer a few days like today 38c to 42C and all you want to do is stay inside with the air-con full on its baking.
Her problems come from being a tax cheat like most in the building trade , my father ran his own building company in the UK, believe me Ned Kellys got nothing on the cowboys that work on the hump as it was then called , 99% of them robbers and conmen .
Having met the same good people out here could it be that Australia had enough of these free loaders?theres hope for this country yet.

I have to say that perth has superior weather to melbourne-actually most brits should see a melbourne winter-it would remind them of home-the nasty and bad mannered people add a great deal of wind chill to the climate-someone from queensland once said to us"that being in melbourne was the loneliest six weeks of my life"-neville shute stated that melbourne was a great place to shoot an end-of-a-world movie-arse end of the world(as exprime minister Keating once said)
Old Dec 20th 2002, 6:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Twofingersalute
I have to say that perth has superior weather to melbourne-actually most brits should see a melbourne winter-it would remind them of home-the nasty and bad mannered people add a great deal of wind chill to the climate-someone from queensland once said to us"that being in melbourne was the loneliest six weeks of my life"-neville shute stated that melbourne was a great place to shoot an end-of-a-world movie-arse end of the world(as exprime minister Keating once said)

If you've ever seen the film Romper Stomper, with Russell Crowe, you'll know what Melbourne can be like in winter. It's a very depressing film. You might want to watch it if you want a different angle on Australia.

It made me want to live in Perth.