Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What visa information to write in my CV?

What visa information to write in my CV?

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa information to write in my CV?

Originally Posted by DoubleCabbage
Here's what I have done:
1) Scan resume for keywords: 10 seconds--> Dump or retain.
2) Retained ones: Read quickly through resume: 30 seconds. --> Select or Retain for a few months in my online and offline folder labeled "Resumes".
3) Selected ones: Read address (relocation cost and ease) and other details-->Select for followup or dump in "Resumes" folder.
4) Selected ones: (a) Print resume and circulate to colleagues, or (b) If it is directly under me, call right away. Phone calls only. No phone number- no way, unless the resume is a perfect fit.
5) Chat with applicant for a few minutes, then ask in a monotonous voice 'Are you legally allowed to work in this country". Don't ask if they are citizens or have PR, cos it can be construed as discrimination. Example: recent immigrant asylum case with temporary work permit, Student with legal permission to work, but no work permit in the classical sense...
6) Pass on to HR, and they ask further legal questions.
7) Phone interview.
8) Office interview with several people in the company + HR
9) After feedback, final interview.
10) Didn't care about age, sex, ethnicity or anything. Not even clothing. All we cared was: could you get the job done and make us bucketfulls of money, get along well, stay long, grow, not cause legal headaches...

I give a pass on foreign addresses unless they are a reasonably good fit- too much hassle with the timezones, calling codes, travel for interview, relocation etc. Maybe a mental block

So, in your case, if the company you are applying to has a position that matches your resume perfectly, put the PR status and a "Will start work on 20 April" kind of thing. Else don't send the resume, cause, if it were me, I wouldn't look at a resume sent a second time. If it is a good fit, the name (and keywords) would ring a bell, and I'll go through my file to confirm if I have seen it before. If I have, I'll conclude that there was an issue with it and did not call for interview, and hence will not follow up.

My experience, your mileage may vary. Some parts may not apply to Australia.
Typically how I saw you guys handle recruitment process

They should fire you all for shoddy botched random process!

"Scan, copy and paste, find and replace " should be at the top of your resume!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What visa information to write in my CV?

Originally Posted by Syedney
Typically how I saw you guys handle recruitment process

They should fire you all for shoddy botched random process!

"Scan, copy and paste, find and replace " should be at the top of your resume!
Not sure what your on about, his process seemed perfectly logical and the right way to do it to me