What to take...

Old Sep 27th 2004, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Cool What to take...

This is my first entry, we are just about to lodge our application with DIMA and have put our house on the market with a hope of a quick sell and then renting for 6 months before we head for sunny Brisbane... our query is with regards to what we can take in to Oz, we are going to put half our furniture into storage but unsure of the items which are prohibitted.. eg wine?! other alcohol and electrical equipment... can anyone help?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 6:25 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What to take...

Originally Posted by JJJHM
This is my first entry, we are just about to lodge our application with DIMA and have put our house on the market with a hope of a quick sell and then renting for 6 months before we head for sunny Brisbane... our query is with regards to what we can take in to Oz, we are going to put half our furniture into storage but unsure of the items which are prohibitted.. eg wine?! other alcohol and electrical equipment... can anyone help?
Hi and welcome,

You may want to check out the following customs site, some useful information is under the "Travellers" section:
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm

You may also want to post this question in the "Immigration" section of this site, they are a very helpful lot over there

I've been working on the assumption that the only organic thing that can go through customs without quarrantine hassles is me, and I'll only believe that when I'm through arrivals!

Cheers
Matt
Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: What to take...

Many thanks, it's early days but don't want to get stopped at customs!
Old Sep 27th 2004, 7:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JJJHM
eg wine?! other alcohol
Trust me, you'll need all of that just to get through the process. Don't be going storing it
Old Sep 27th 2004, 9:26 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link to the offiial AQIS site.
(Australian Quarantine and Inspection Services)

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...s&subdisplay=7
Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
Here's the link to the offiial AQIS site.
(Australian Quarantine and Inspection Services)

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...s&subdisplay=7
Handy that Bix, thanks very much, I might chance the guitars, I think they've stopped growing!

Cheers,
Matt
Old Sep 28th 2004, 11:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Handy that Bix, thanks very much, I might chance the guitars, I think they've stopped growing!

Cheers,
Matt
Matt,
Also check the members list as I think there was a guy called the "guitar doctor" who posted about taking instruments.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Matt,
Also check the members list as I think there was a guy called the "guitar doctor" who posted about taking instruments.
Thanks again Bix,

Looks like treated wood can just be declared on the arrival form - as long as it hasn't got anything living in it it'll pass through fine.

Now to hunt-down cheap but tough flightcases to protect 'em from the dreaded baggage handlers.