Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

place to be for a Hospitality student on the Gold Coast?

place to be for a Hospitality student on the Gold Coast?

Old Aug 16th 2004, 2:45 am
Just Joined

attaccante is an unknown quantity at this point
Default place to be for a Hospitality student on the Gold Coast?

the interested place to live (part-time job) when studying a course in Hospitality is probably the Gold Coast more particular the most touristic place.

So what would be the place to be for me?

and is there a neighbourhood or at least a block where students sharing cheap rooms?
Old Aug 16th 2004, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: place to be for a Hospitality student on the Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by attaccante
the interested place to live (part-time job) when studying a course in Hospitality is probably the Gold Coast more particular the most touristic place.

So what would be the place to be for me?

and is there a neighbourhood or at least a block where students sharing cheap rooms?
I think Swissfabs studied on the Gold Coast maybe she can help if you PM her.
Old Aug 16th 2004, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debsy
I think Swissfabs studied on the Gold Coast maybe she can help if you PM her.

Yes, here I am,

Can I be of any help attacance?
I studied @ Griffith...

Dont hesitate to PM me.

fabie
Old Aug 16th 2004, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by swissfabs
Yes, here I am,

Can I be of any help attacance?
I studied @ Griffith...

Dont hesitate to PM me.

fabie
of course you can help me, just answer my question

and when it's all a little more official I will definitely PM you for details and stuff.
Thanks for offering!
Old Aug 16th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

of course you can help me, just answer my question

and when it's all a little more official I will definitely PM you for details and stuff.
Thanks for offering!
Well it all depends if u are planning on buying a car. I had one, even a shitbox will do but u will go crazy if u have to catch the bus (only one route) and that its late. I lived in Main Beach and Broadbeach which is great. If u wanna be close to surfers, pick main beach (could be a bit deer but there is some cool places if u dig a bit) or surfers or broadbeach. Southport is great if u dont have a car as its in between surfers and Griffith.
All the hotels are between surfers and broadbeach. There is no food supermarket in main beach though, so it might not be the best place if u dont have a car.
When u get to uni there is an accomodation centre that will help you. I was paying from 70 AU$ to about 100$ per week, which is very reasonable (furnished).

What else could I tell you? I miss OZ! Are you from the french part of belgium? I have heaps of french speaking Aussies friends on the coast, ill give you their number!
fabie
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Well it all depends if u are planning on buying a car. I had one, even a shitbox will do but u will go crazy if u have to catch the bus (only one route) and that its late. I lived in Main Beach and Broadbeach which is great. If u wanna be close to surfers, pick main beach (could be a bit deer but there is some cool places if u dig a bit) or surfers or broadbeach. Southport is great if u dont have a car as its in between surfers and Griffith.
All the hotels are between surfers and broadbeach. There is no food supermarket in main beach though, so it might not be the best place if u dont have a car.
When u get to uni there is an accomodation centre that will help you. I was paying from 70 AU$ to about 100$ per week, which is very reasonable (furnished).

What else could I tell you? I miss OZ! Are you from the french part of belgium? I have heaps of french speaking Aussies friends on the coast, ill give you their number!
fabie
Thanks,
no better info than RL experiences!

buying a car? I wish!
is the public transport really that bad? hmm, didn't count on that
How's the nightlife?
Is it even possible for a student to live at Surfers?

Do you have any pointers about the Palm Beach area? I can't find anything about that. Cause the one school is over there and the other is in Ashmore.

French or Spanish speaking friends, it wouldn't make much of a difference, I'm from the Flemish side
Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks,
no better info than RL experiences!

buying a car? I wish!
is the public transport really that bad? hmm, didn't count on that
How's the nightlife?
Is it even possible for a student to live at Surfers?

Do you have any pointers about the Palm Beach area? I can't find anything about that. Cause the one school is over there and the other is in Ashmore.

French or Spanish speaking friends, it wouldn't make much of a difference, I'm from the Flemish side
Hey, sorry i thought u were gonna go to Griffith!!!
palm beach area, burleigh and all that is amazing and really nice. public transport on the main highway (from palm beach to southport) is fine, but when you want to go to other areas (such as griffith or bond) and there is only one bus route, well, since they are NEVER on time, its a great hassle!

Of course its possible for a student to live in surfers, there are some great affordable places.

Which schools were you looking at? what degree are you planning to do?

fabie
Old Aug 19th 2004, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

Hey, sorry i thought u were gonna go to Griffith!!!
palm beach area, burleigh and all that is amazing and really nice. public transport on the main highway (from palm beach to southport) is fine, but when you want to go to other areas (such as griffith or bond) and there is only one bus route, well, since they are NEVER on time, its a great hassle!

Of course its possible for a student to live in surfers, there are some great affordable places.

Which schools were you looking at? what degree are you planning to do?

fabie
not a degree,
I'm going for certificate III in hospitality at TAFE in Ashmore
or for the Diploma in hospitality at Mackintosh in Palm beach

What do you mean by really nice? probably the weather
it's the only place at the Gold coast I can't find any info about the lifestyle, so I guess it's pretty boring there

and how come you didn't stay?
Old Sep 28th 2004, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

not a degree,
I'm going for certificate III in hospitality at TAFE in Ashmore
or for the Diploma in hospitality at Mackintosh in Palm beach

What do you mean by really nice? probably the weather
it's the only place at the Gold coast I can't find any info about the lifestyle, so I guess it's pretty boring there

and how come you didn't stay?
Oups sorry I forgot to reply!!!

THe whole of the Burleigh area is really nice (beach, environment, weather, people, attitude).

Really, you couldnt find some info about the lifestyle? I would say it is not as busy as a city, its easy to get around (apart from during bl**dy Indy!!!), not too much traffic - you can always find your way round to peak hour traffic. Lots of parking spots available in the city.

You are asking why i didnt stay? I had some obligations back here in Switerland! But I am going back, just wait!!!

Let me know what you decide in terms of school! and good luck!

fabie