Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What sort of plane is it???

What sort of plane is it???

Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:06 pm
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about
Default What sort of plane is it???

Can any one tell me about the aircraft I am going to OZ on. It is a 777-200. Never been on one before and only ever flown long haul on a 747-400. Is the 777-200 big inside or smaller? I am flying with Singapore airlines from Manchester next March.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go to the singapore airlines website you can actually look at the seating arrangements etc of the different planes in their fleet.

Claire
Old Sep 17th 2003, 7:21 pm
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by claireg3
If you go to the singapore airlines website you can actually look at the seating arrangements etc of the different planes in their fleet.

Claire
Thanks for that will check it out. Hope they are as big as the 747's.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Dee_e56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

The 777 and 747 Are very similar, the difference being that the body is in fact longer on 777 but the 777 has no upper deck. I know all this because I flew on one to Dubai on holiday and my husband is in the aviation business. its a very comfortable plane. Hope the info helps

Dee
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What sort of plane is it???

Originally posted by j4yne
Can any one tell me about the aircraft I am going to OZ on. It is a 777-200. Never been on one before and only ever flown long haul on a 747-400. Is the 777-200 big inside or smaller? I am flying with Singapore airlines from Manchester next March.
Boeing 777 is a newer plane (in service from mid 90's), 2 engines & smaller than the Boeing 747-400. It's a nice plane, similar to the Airbus A330/340 series.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:45 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Triple 7's are generally quieter and more modern inside. Not saying that 747 400s ar'nt nice....
Old Sep 17th 2003, 10:25 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What sort of plane is it???

Originally posted by j4yne
A crashing one!:scared: :scared: :scared:
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 18th 2003, 2:04 am
Hello Sydney Oct 1

amaslam is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Nice plane

I've flown in a bunch of plances:

777-200 (First and Economy)
747-000 - 747-400 (First and Economy)
737 (Economy)
A300 (Economy)
A320 (Economy)
Tri-Star (Economy)
DC-10 (Economy)

I really like the 777, it is quieter inside than a 747 and feels roomier (better headroom). Also the overhead bins hold a lot more. Every seat has a TV/Video game unit with the moving map. Also I think the air flow system is much better (the better to handle those ummm..."interesting" smells caused by the "food").

Go to your airline website and you should be able to get an idea of the seat layout (I think in economy it's 3-4-3, first/business, 2-2-2).

It's used on the long haul routes because it has great range and newest electronics.

Next plane I look forward to flying in is A380 (the double-decker jumbo). I think about 2006-2007 it's going to enter service. I think Emirates will be the first one to get one.