Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

air mail letters to the uk

air mail letters to the uk

Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default air mail letters to the uk

If you are like me and write alot of letters home, then thought you might like to know about cost of posting,
I normally just use airmail paper and envelopes then get a $1.65 stamp, had a good look in the post shop and came across prepaid aerogrammes, they cost $8.50 for 10. quite a saving I thought I would share with you!

yve
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I've aready told people if they are not on line, they won't be getting a letter! Harsh, but i know my crap areas and writting letters is one of them! Suppose i'll still have the christmas cards to do thought (but thanks for that, any money saving tips greatly appreciated!)
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Abergas

Good to know you have found a bargain when it comes to writing those letters

Just to let you know we will be thinking of you tonite as we are having a roast with `Aunt Bessies` usually i make my own but the mother in law is round and nobody`s are as good as hers ( allegedly).

Hope the rain has stopped. Take care and i`ll speak to you soon.

Tracie x
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by footie chick
Hi Abergas

Good to know you have found a bargain when it comes to writing those letters

Just to let you know we will be thinking of you tonite as we are having a roast with `Aunt Bessies` usually i make my own but the mother in law is round and nobody`s are as good as hers ( allegedly).

Hope the rain has stopped. Take care and i`ll speak to you soon.

Tracie x

Hi tracie

"aunt bessies" where is she when you need her, still keep trying to make my own, yes think of me!!!!
Yep rain has stopped it's a warm and sunny day today, been out power walking, all the way to Kennedy Bay, great stress reliever,
Dave passed his gas courses, he done really well 95% and 96%, just got two more days left servicing. so glad that is over. Hopefully a job will be just round the corner!!!!

Hope you plans are going ok, wish I could be there on the Brighton meet, had a good time didn't we before we left!

take care love Yve x
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Pass on our congrats to Dave i bet you are both thrilled. Roll on the work now.

Power walking ehh you`ll be fit in no time!

Don`t know if i can make the Brighton meet as of yet but yes the last one was great. New friends made that day.

Have a nice day

Tracie
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
I've aready told people if they are not on line, they won't be getting a letter! Harsh, but i know my crap areas and writting letters is one of them! Suppose i'll still have the christmas cards to do thought (but thanks for that, any money saving tips greatly appreciated!)
Get the kids to make 'em (ahh cute and cheap) and get all your addresses on the computer and print off the address labels - much quicker than hand writing. Plus, you only need to update it a bit each year. A lot of people are typing up a general update letter to family and then writing a couple of lines by hand, to make it more personal. Might try this myself this year, especially since I have my hands full with the bubs (they don't know about the expats addiction...) This could welll work when you get to Oz as you can't possibly sit there writing the same stuff to everyone!
Larissa
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
We could do a thread in November/December (can't deal with it now- too early!) on e-Christmas- cards, then pinch each others designs... would be quite amusing to see what everyone comes up with.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:24 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

For my gran I e-mail mum or an Uncle. They print it off and hand it to her. She thinks she is now on e-mail and is fully wired.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:50 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that Australia Post reduces the cost of sending cards at Xmas ... which appeals greatly to me as an accountant ... :-))

Best regards.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I'd heard that they do, Alan - can't you just imagine the Royal Mail doing the same in the UK............. I don't think!
Old Sep 17th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

To send birthday cards back to the UK it's $1.00. During November/December, the price is reduced to 90c. Don't write letters on paper, buy a pack of notelets/cheap blank cards, then it will cost $1 to post instead of the business envelope rate of $1.65.

The choice of greetings cards here aren't as good as the UK; no nice "Birthdays" type card shops. If you want to send Aussie Christmas cards back home, they are a bit pricey compared to the standard boxed sets, which incidentally show pictures of robins, snow scenes, etc!
Old Sep 17th 2003, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Also don't forget that if your card will not fit through Australia Post's little slot/letter measuring thingy they will charge you extra postage. So no thick or extra large cards or you will be slugged a lot more postage.
Old Sep 17th 2003, 2:45 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
We could do a thread in November/December (can't deal with it now- too early!) on e-Christmas- cards, then pinch each others designs... would be quite amusing to see what everyone comes up with.
good plan!
Old Sep 18th 2003, 12:20 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jacqui
To send birthday cards back to the UK it's $1.00. During November/December, the price is reduced to 90c. Don't write letters on paper, buy a pack of notelets/cheap blank cards, then it will cost $1 to post instead of the business envelope rate of $1.65.

=====================

Well bugger me, I didn't know any of that, I just ask for a $1.65 stamp!!

Thanks Jaqui & Yvvone!!!

Diane
Old Sep 18th 2003, 1:40 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Yes, interesting post - I wasn't aware of any of this either. I just go in and ask for a stamp too! It can be expensive at the beginning whilst there is a lot of correspondence with the UK closing everything down. I will have to investigate when I go into the Post Office again.

Thanks for info, Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.