Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What salary can i expect.

What salary can i expect.

Old Aug 19th 2006, 7:32 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice
Default What salary can i expect.

Hi everyone,this is my first time so please be gentle.
Does anyone know what a painter and decorator can expect to earn per week
in the sunshine coast area of queensland.

kind regards,

painter man.
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:29 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What salary can i expect.

Originally Posted by painter man

kind regards,

painter man.
Gidday mate,

Suggest you view these jobs through Seek.com. Make contact and ask the respective agents.

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/ind...elect=location
Old Aug 19th 2006, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

kind regards,

painter man.
Award wage is about 22 an hour so about 880 prior to tax.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Hi painter man - not sure on the wages i'm afraid, but just wanted to welcome you to BE - they are an excellent crowd on here and so helpful. You'll be glued to the site and soon become a BE addict like a lot of us!!!! We're heading to the same area, but OH is a sparky. Seek.com is a fantastic site and very helpful. Happy searching!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

weeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud ofweeman111 has much to be proud of

kind regards,

painter man.
Hi,I am a painter and we are heading to Melbourne in just over two weeks,I think wages are much the same as here if you are on books with companies,a bit higher pay if you are a subbie I think,there are quite a few jobs advertised on byron employment website,good luck,cheers Dave
Old Aug 20th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

kind regards,

painter man.
i am a painter on the mid north coast NSW, & wages are not brilliant, Ive been told there is plenty of work in Queensland but the wages are less than what im on now, at the moment im earning between $20-$25 an hour, so about 10 or 12 quid an hour, & dont let anyone fool you by telling you the cost of living is cheap here, its the same as anywhere, it has its highs & lows, also a lot of companys give you award wage, which is the minimum they can give you lawfully in your trade, which is about $17 an hour for painters, & you have also got to get your safety at work card before you can even pick up a brush or walk onto a site, about $70-$100.
Hope i havent scred you to much
Old Aug 20th 2006, 2:37 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

Thank;s for all who have replied,it,s about what i expected money wise.
Bye the way paula 1 it has,nt put me off and can,t thank you enough for yours and everybody;s elses input.

kind regards ;
painter man.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 5:08 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: What salary can i expect.

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi painter man - not sure on the wages i'm afraid, but just wanted to welcome you to BE - they are an excellent crowd on here and so helpful. You'll be glued to the site and soon become a BE addict like a lot of us!!!! We're heading to the same area, but OH is a sparky. Seek.com is a fantastic site and very helpful. Happy searching!
Hi josie we are new to the site too, nice comments.
what stage are you at, we are just starting inital TRA, OH is a gasfitter/plumber. We are also hoping to start a new life on sunshine coast. Which part of SC are you hoping to live?
bec+ egg
Old Aug 20th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by egghead4
Hi josie we are new to the site too, nice comments.
what stage are you at, we are just starting inital TRA, OH is a gasfitter/plumber. We are also hoping to start a new life on sunshine coast. Which part of SC are you hoping to live?
bec+ egg

Hi Bec & Egg

Welcome to you both too!!!! OH is a sparky so we've gone through the 136 modl option. We passed the TRA and DIMIA acknowledged our application on 19th May (I think off the top of my head!) and we've just frontloaded our meds and police checks - meds are in sydney now and police checks should be there by the end of next week. Although we've had an email saying there's a 4 month delay in granting visas, we're looking on the bright side and others on the site seem to be starting to get their May visas granted! We were originally going to perth and did the reccie there in April, but due to the major increase in house prices, we've changed our minds to Brissie - although never been! Good job we're adventurous (or mad!)!!! Am using multimap and ourbrisbane website trying to get a feel for areas, but no doubt we'll decide when we get there!! Stay in touch and feel free to PM me if you need any help/advice, but everyone on here's great!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 6:43 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi Bec & Egg

Welcome to you both too!!!! OH is a sparky so we've gone through the 136 modl option. We passed the TRA and DIMIA acknowledged our application on 19th May (I think off the top of my head!) and we've just frontloaded our meds and police checks - meds are in sydney now and police checks should be there by the end of next week. Although we've had an email saying there's a 4 month delay in granting visas, we're looking on the bright side and others on the site seem to be starting to get their May visas granted! We were originally going to perth and did the reccie there in April, but due to the major increase in house prices, we've changed our minds to Brissie - although never been! Good job we're adventurous (or mad!)!!! Am using multimap and ourbrisbane website trying to get a feel for areas, but no doubt we'll decide when we get there!! Stay in touch and feel free to PM me if you need any help/advice, but everyone on here's great!
as your oh is a sparkie ( same as myself )
i`d start looking at the artc requirements now guys
that will speed things up once you get to oz

link

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm