Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

At what point did you put your house up for sale?

At what point did you put your house up for sale?

Old May 13th 2003, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

well we did our medicals in February and started working on the house getting it ready for selling.
Posted the meds to ASPC 14th April (not requested) and put the house on the market the week before easter, had 2 offers within the week and are just waiting on the solicitors to arrange completion.
Had a letter from the ASPC last Tuesday requesting medical/police checks......strange really, as they acknowledged receiving them when the wife called them 2 weeks ago !
Keeping fingers,toes and eyes crossed that all goes without a hitch and we could be over there in July
Old May 13th 2003, 7:27 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Put my husbands house on the market in Aug 2002 applied Nov 2002. Just sold subject to contract so should be finalised within the next 8 weeks.

Put my house on at Easter and have just received the request for medicals and police checks yesterday.

I have had a couple of viewings on my house and can see it taking sometime. It is a buyers market in York far more houses than buyers we will not go until the house is sold as we need the capital to start again in Oz

Jo
Old May 13th 2003, 9:26 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by joh117
Put my husbands house on the market in Aug 2002 applied Nov 2002. Just sold subject to contract so should be finalised within the next 8 weeks.

Put my house on at Easter and have just received the request for medicals and police checks yesterday.

I have had a couple of viewings on my house and can see it taking sometime. It is a buyers market in York far more houses than buyers we will not go until the house is sold as we need the capital to start again in Oz

Jo
We are in a similar situation. We can't leave the UK until the house is sold. Haven't put it on the market yet, just in the process of lots of DIY to tart the place up a bit.
Old May 13th 2003, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

i didn't want to temp fate- so i didn't put my house up for sale until i'd got my visa in my passport !
wendy
Old May 14th 2003, 1:14 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

We've just done our medicals and were going to wait to sell house, but did it anyway and we're moving at end of the month.

Put it up for sale cause the market appears to be slowing round here. Before christmas houses were going v fast but recently there have been lots going on the market and not many selling. We were worried we might find it difficult to sell at current market price and could have a drop in value.

Anyway put it up for sale and sold 3 days later at full market price ! Was quite shocked at first, didn't expect to be moving for a while. But glad we're going to have the capital in the bank, if we don't get our visas we can always buy another house.
Old May 14th 2003, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieLou is an unknown quantity at this point

we plan to put ours up once we have the confirmation that our bond has been received.