Reload this Page >

renting flat in syndney

renting flat in syndney

Old May 14th 2003, 1:15 pm
Go Cubs!!

Garazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default renting flat in syndney

Hi,

I was thinking of coming to Sydney on a working holiday visa for to enjoy a bit of a holiday while I am still young and able to do so! I was hoping to rent a flat in Sydney for around 250-350$ a week, my question is what are the estate agents like with people on working holiday visas? I can get references from my current employer and current landlord as well as show sufficent funds to rent the flat.

Is it possible to rent flats for 6 months initially and extend them to 9? Are flats in central Sydney easy to come by? How long will it take me to find a flat from arriving in Sydney?

How much should I be looking at a week for pay bills and the AUS equivalent of council tax?

Thanks for your help ,

Gary
Old May 14th 2003, 1:29 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: renting flat in syndney

Gary

A did the very same a few years back and for that money you should get a fantastic place. We got a lovely place in Bondi with great views for $180 per week. The 6 months lease isn't a problem and when it's up the landlord has to give you 60 days notice to vacate and you just 28 days to him so it keeps just rolling on like that. I hear there are lots of properties in Sydney at the moment and it's a buyers market. As for council tax it's pay for by the landlord so effectively included in your rent.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Simon
Old May 14th 2003, 1:30 pm
Go Cubs!!

Garazy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: renting flat in syndney

Originally posted by Snitzy
Gary

A did the very same a few years back and for that money you should get a fantastic place. We got a lovely place in Bondi with great views for $180 per week. The 6 months lease isn't a problem and when it's up the landlord has to give you 60 days notice to vacate and you just 28 days to him so it keeps just rolling on like that. I hear there are lots of properties in Sydney at the moment and it's a buyers market. As for council tax it's pay for by the landlord so effectively included in your rent.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Simon

Thanks for the quick reply, how much should I be looking at for bill and living per week?