what to pack??

Old Sep 11th 2009, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Location: Montreal but soon-26th Sept- Brisbane...June '10 been here since Sept..
Anthea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what to pack??

Hi,

We are moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks time, and have been told that customs is REALLY strict on wooden and wicker furniture, and that we should leave behind as much as possible!! A lot of our stuff falls into that category.....and while I dont mind my things being fumigated, I dont want it destroyed at my cost!!!

Any advice before the packers arrive????

Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what to pack??

Originally Posted by Anthea
Hi,

We are moving to Brisbane in 2 weeks time, and have been told that customs is REALLY strict on wooden and wicker furniture, and that we should leave behind as much as possible!! A lot of our stuff falls into that category.....and while I dont mind my things being fumigated, I dont want it destroyed at my cost!!!

Any advice before the packers arrive????

Declare anything thats made of wood, but unless its untreated and comes from somewhere like Asia with a lot of pests, you should have no problem. The sort of wooden furniture and stuff you find in an English home should be fine
Old Sep 11th 2009, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Location: Montreal but soon-26th Sept- Brisbane...June '10 been here since Sept..
Anthea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what to pack??

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Declare anything thats made of wood, but unless its untreated and comes from somewhere like Asia with a lot of pests, you should have no problem. The sort of wooden furniture and stuff you find in an English home should be fine
Thanks- we are coming from Canada, but i do have some old masks from Bali that I bought about 15 years ago...maybe they will have to go! I'm not allowed stuff like herbs and spices either am i??

Last edited by Anthea; Sep 11th 2009 at 6:32 pm.