What Now!!

Old Mar 2nd 2004, 8:10 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy What Now!!

OMG getting fed up with this game again what with the TRA fiasco and then them apologising and refunding our monies.
We were hoping to go out on a 139 visa I have a relation in a desi area but they are trying to retire and cant assure us all.
We had an assuror up until about 5 min ago when a call told us due to the base rate rises in Aus they can no longer risk doing it. We were going to front all the monies but you cant hold a shot gun to there head and force them (can you!).
So to the learned many what the heck now?
136 is an option but it takes forever and the work experience then goes up and this could present a problem. So are there any solutions that any one has used or can suggest. Do banks assure people are there any agencies that may help with this sort of thing?????
Over too you world.......... any input would be much appreciated.

Uni.
:scared:
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 10:43 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Nige, you are having some real bad luck
This happened to us. Our assurer pulled out when the bond was requested and i can still remember the sick feeling now.
Don't know of any banks etc, but the assurer doesn't have to be a relly. Do you know anyone else out here?
The criteria is that they have to be 18, and Aussie citizen and have lived here for 2 years. ANY TAKERS????
Good luck with it mate
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

cuthere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Now!!

Sponsor and the person giving an assurance of support can be different people. Get your relation to sponsor you, assure them that besides the forms that they need to sign for you, they put up no money. Then see if you can get some other person who can give you the assurance of support.

We got our retired aunt to sponsor us - she had absolutely no income and got a friend to give us the assurance of support.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:09 am

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by hevs
Nige, you are having some real bad luck
This happened to us. Our assurer pulled out when the bond was requested and i can still remember the sick feeling now.
Don't know of any banks etc, but the assurer doesn't have to be a relly. Do you know anyone else out here?
The criteria is that they have to be 18, and Aussie citizen and have lived here for 2 years. ANY TAKERS????
Good luck with it mate
Yes OMG why didnt i think of that.

The Garrets there out there living the dream!
Nice idea Hevs but i have a mate in Skidney but he went out only three years back on the back of his wife's job and i know htey are only just going for PR via there firm.
Cold aagin Hevs in UK minus 4 as i have just been out to warm the car up. Still its starting to get light @ 6:09.
I going for a long fink and speek to me agent AGAIN!!!!!
Nige'
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:15 am

Originally posted by cuthere
Sponsor and the person giving an assurance of support can be different people. Get your relation to sponsor you, assure them that besides the forms that they need to sign for you, they put up no money. Then see if you can get some other person who can give you the assurance of support.

We got our retired aunt to sponsor us - she had absolutely no income and got a friend to give us the assurance of support.
Thanks for your input,
above is basicly what we are or were doing wife's side of the family have all been asked but the are quite moralistic and i think ask a friend (sounds like a punch line for a game show) would be out of the question.

Any more ideas would be appreciated.
Oh and now off to pay me £5 for the pleasure of driving into London. Thanks Ken. God gotta get outa dis town!

See Ya world.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:29 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bed Of Roses
Oh and now off to pay me £5 for the pleasure of driving into London.
£5 to drive into London ?
What's that for ?
I am out of touch.

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:31 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bed Of Roses
Cold aagin Hevs in UK minus 4 as i have just been out to warm the car up. Nige'
MINUS FOUR!!!!
I do miss those crisp clear mornings though, still autumns here now. It was 30 plus today, but it is colder in the mornings....
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:53 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
What's that for ?
I am out of touch.
Congestion charge. Mayor Ken Livingstones idea. You have to pay £5 to drive into central London. They're probably going to extend it further out.

Jane
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:59 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

What's that for ?
I am out of touch.
Congestion Charge

See what your missing!

£5 per day if you pay before 10pm
£10 if you pay between 10pm and midnight
£80 if you pay after midnight!

Last edited by SteveBannister; Mar 3rd 2004 at 6:01 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 6:10 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Congestion Charge

See what your missing!

£5 per day if you pay before 10pm
£10 if you pay between 10pm and midnight
£80 if you pay after midnight!
Jesus !!

So if you unexpectedly go into London, spend the evening drinking, get home at 12.30, then go to pay, it costs you £80 !!! ????

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 12:59 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Jesus !!

So if you unexpectedly go into London, spend the evening drinking, get home at 12.30, then go to pay, it costs you £80 !!! ????
It doesn't matter what time you leave London, you might have only crossed into the zone for a minute during the day, but if you don't pay that day then it's £80.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 5:52 pm

Originally posted by SteveBannister
It doesn't matter what time you leave London, you might have only crossed into the zone for a minute during the day, but if you don't pay that day then it's £80.

Yea thats all true

I have paid in fines ie forgetting to pay in the last year over £500 as steve points out you only have to cross the line for a split second and then your liable. The classic i got was going into the zone at 6:29:38 seconds and i thought it was after 6:30 pm and they done me RED BASTARD I hate KEN livinggotchastone!

I have woke in the middle of the night after realising i havent paid my charge and of course its after midnight so there is nothing you can do but it F's up your nights sleep cos your so mad
I rekon with parking tickets con charge and meter charges last year i must have forked out £2K London is SHITE and smells like shite most of the time!
Your not missing anything.
Still ranting over

Filling in my new application form 47sk on a 136 application only just making the 115 score with the two year investment thing.
Ill have to put up with london a bit longer eh?