Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the longest parents can visit for?

What is the longest parents can visit for?

Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is the longest parents can visit for?

its not that we cant live without mummy and daddy, maybe we want them there and it may be a dream of theirs too.....

who are you to judge... did you have such an unhappy childhood
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zambia
Personnally I think your all nucking futs subjecting your folks to trips like that every year ???

If you cant live without Mammy and Daddy moving half a world away from them is a bit of a mistake...
Not all of us have a Mammy and Daddy and some English people have been known to marry Australians and therefore have elderly parent(s) on both sides of the world. But thanks for your input.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 9:35 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seansuperhoop
Not all of us have a Mammy and Daddy and some English people have been known to marry Australians and therefore have elderly parent(s) on both sides of the world. But thanks for your input.
Sorry on re-reading I missed that option. Plus I did sound a tad heartless another apology for that one too. But I still don't get bringing your parents over here for that amount of time. If I was that attached to my folks I would not have left.

I tend to be of the opinion that if you leave the UK you should try to start living without the stuff you had in the UK. Sadly I lop parents into that catergory.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

scaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to allscaria197 is a name known to all

Zambia,

Appreciate your apology. It was not directed to any of my statements but I felt my gut wrench when I read that.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

seansuperhoop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zambia
Sorry on re-reading I missed that option. Plus I did sound a tad heartless another apology for that one too. But I still don't get bringing your parents over here for that amount of time. If I was that attached to my folks I would not have left.

I tend to be of the opinion that if you leave the UK you should try to start living without the stuff you had in the UK. Sadly I lop parents into that catergory.
no worries- well we are all different and some of our cirumstances are pretty complicated. Please remember though that the parent visa costs about 45k and current processing time is 2 to 3 years.. so some of us are trying to do the best we can until the visa is granted.

cheers
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:18 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Two seconds would be too long for me to have my mother visit. I honestly can't imagine, even if your parents are the most important people in your life that anyone could cope with 3 or 6 months. It truly flabbers my gast whatever the hell that is
Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Two seconds would be too long for me to have my mother visit. I honestly can't imagine, even if your parents are the most important people in your life that anyone could cope with 3 or 6 months. It truly flabbers my gast whatever the hell that is
Old Aug 18th 2009, 12:49 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

6 weeks was about right for both my own Mother and my Mother in Law....just long enough before both sides got too irritated by the other

.....but that was living under the same roof, a Ganny Flat might work better a Hotel better still

Good Luck with your plans
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:37 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Thats fupping crazy .... best of luck with it anyway...