Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Job Did You Do In England/oz?????

What Job Did You Do In England/oz?????

Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Job Did You Do In England/oz?????

Originally Posted by Willij
I've come to the same conclusion - I'm just about to stop working fulltime because of the conflict between my job and the children.

One other thought I had about Australia was franchise oppourtunities - meant to take some of the strain out of going into a new are of business.

Have you looked into it at all ?

I haven't actually. I was looking for something that would suit family life - franchises ... I can only see fast food or ice cream ... but that's probably being very negative.

Quick link:http://www.franchisedirectory.com.au/
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
If anyone asks me these questions, I will ask them why they want to know, and I will ask them the same questions, and tell them exactly the same answers they give me.

Mrs JTL
That's exactly what I did when asked "how would you feel telling a male off"

I asked the male interviewer, "how would you feel telling a female off"

He shut TFU PDQ
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I am a IT systems manager for an NHS hospital here. Basically I manage several of the systems that are used throughout the hospital. It involves a bit programming, auditing, maintenance, training etc.

We are applying under my H as his occupation is on the MODL list.

I'm not sure what I will do when we get there. Possibly something similar but it might be a great time to try something different.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I'm a IT systems manager for an NHS hospital. I'm not sure what I will do when we get to Oz but it may be a good time to do something different.

We are applying under my husband as his occupation is on the MODL list.
Old Jun 6th 2006, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Willij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura aboutWillij has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by iPom
Thanks for the link

I'm an accountant in manufacturing at the moment but like the OP i'm looking for something more child friendly.

I find here at the moment they don't ask you the "childcare" questions outright, just don't offer you the good jobs or promotion.