Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What are the important q's to ask the removals company??

What are the important q's to ask the removals company??

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:03 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are the important q's to ask the removals company??

Hi all

I have the removals assessor coming soon and I want to make sure I get all the right info and don't miss anything out. For those that have already moved or have had the assessor(s) round could you possibly let me know what the important and imperative questions that should be asked about the service they provide.

I thought this may well be a good way to get everyones opinions and experiences as to what they did ask, should have asked and wish they hadn't asked.

Any help would be much appreciated.

With thanks

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

What agents do you use and what realistic recourse in case of your agents f*ups do I have.

Anyone saying we do it all is almost certainly lying.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What are the important q's to ask the removals company??

Take a look at this thread
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 11:13 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

are you insured ? is a good one

reminds me of a film called "The Chain" with alf garnett great film !!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Do they outsource their work to a third party?

We paid a top firm for their services - they outsourced the packing to a cheaper third party. The packing quality was awful and we had about several 1000 $ of damaged furniture. Their small print did indeed say "we reserve the right to outsource"

They din't tell us they were going to outsource. They sent out packers in the uniforms of the highly reputable company, when the packers came from a crappy local company. We only realised when the packers had to call for backup packers as they were so bloody slow - the second crew came out in their normal uniforms and van.

Last edited by HiddenPaw; Jan 23rd 2004 at 12:58 pm.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:52 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers people, any body have any more advice.

It all helps.

Ian
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I haggles for storage time, as I was living with the outlaws for a short while before it went

I got 8 weeks free storage either end as Crown are also in OZ that's always handy in case.

Do we have to pay anything when it arrives in oz as some companies include this in their price other's do not.

If they quote and your cartons are more than the cubic feet they have measured at what cost is it per box ? over?

C x