Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Morning After Pill available without Prescription

Morning After Pill available without Prescription

Old Jan 1st 2004, 8:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Morning After Pill available without Prescription

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...908851884.html

Protocols developed by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia say pharmacists should try to persuade teenage girls who are under the age of consent to see a doctor or hospital to receive emergency contraception. But the final responsibility rests with an individual pharmacist, who must decide whether the pill, Postinor-2, is warranted in individual cases
Old Jan 1st 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Morning After Pill available without Prescription

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...908851884.html

Protocols developed by the Pharmacy Guild of Australia say pharmacists should try to persuade teenage girls who are under the age of consent to see a doctor or hospital to receive emergency contraception. But the final responsibility rests with an individual pharmacist, who must decide whether the pill, Postinor-2, is warranted in individual cases

Pram sales to go down in Adelaide then
Old Jan 1st 2004, 9:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Morning After Pill available without Prescription

Originally posted by dotty
Pram sales to go down in Adelaide then
LOL.

http://web.hhs.se/personal/suzuki/o-English/po22.html

The US, UK and NZ are the world leaders in teenage pregnancy.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I took the morning after pill and we are now the proud parents of a 5 year old Glad it didn't work though.

Claire
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by claireg3
I took the morning after pill and we are now the proud parents of a 5 year old Glad it didn't work though.

Claire
I know someone who took it twice and got pregnant both times. Apparently there was a survey being done on how many women got pregnant despite taking it. Afterall they cannot prove that it has worked only that it hasn't.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a survey being done when I took it too - wonder just how effective it is

Claire
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 1:32 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting because, as some might remember, I posted a while ago about the odd reaction my mate had had to getting an abortion in Oz. She got preggers whilst in Oz by accident, of course, and wanted to arrange an abortion. She was treated incredibly badly and said she was made to feel like a criminal...she still has a tough time dealing with it.

Whilst I agree that it's not something to be taken lightly, those that have made a reasonsed decision should be treated with a little more respect, in my view.

So it's interesting that they are encouraging the morning after pill which many would claim is just another form of abortion (although not always succesful, as others know!!!)
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 3:06 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Agree with Bundy.

I hate soaps, but I have to admit that Eastenders has a thought-provoking story atm with Little Mo deciding to keep her pregnancy going (she was raped), while everyone else has been saying to abort it.

So I hear from the wife of course ahem.