Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What if money wasn't a problem?

What if money wasn't a problem?

Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What if money wasn't a problem?

Originally Posted by xizzles
Heh... I was actually looking to plonk myself in Adelaide (or Seaford, more specifically). What's wrong with Adelaide anyway? Sydney's probably too 'big city' for my liking.

But, like Worzel said, if I did land the big one (lotto, that is), I'd probably live the same life I'm living now - and use the extra interest generated to supplement my income so I can get away with working only 4 days a week - I'm not particularly very exciting now, am I?
If I won that amount of money I would stay in Adelaide

I don't think I'd do anything different really, just maybe retire early

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'd tell the old man to get f***ed before I told him I had the money then do some of the things I never had a chance to do.

I like your idea
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

I like your idea
Maybe I'll tell him to get f***ed anyway and not do the things I want.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Wendy;6440557]If I won that amount of money I would stay in Adelaide

I'm with Wendy ...but in my case I'd be moving back to Adelaide.....There is nothing wrong with Adelaide, I lived in Seaford Rise
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

lazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant future

I just sold my jetski to help pay for the deposit on my flat, so if i had a load of money i'd buy a brand new 2008 GP1300R with all the rius racing goodies bolted on and then have a superjet tuned up to 150 hp and continue where i left off with the freestyle practice..........

to be honest though i could get a second hand 'jet for $5k so maybe i'll do that anyway........ah those were the days!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Vin 'n Bin;6440648]
Originally Posted by Wendy

I'm with Wendy ...but in my case I'd be moving back to Adelaide.....There is nothing wrong with Adelaide, I lived in Seaford Rise
I'd be moving with you.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Dorothy;6440661]
Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I'd be moving with you.
Nice one Dorothy ...I'm hoping to go back soon...for a holiday
Wish it was for good though :-)
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:13 pm
Still alive

[QUOTE=Vin 'n Bin;6440707]
Originally Posted by Dorothy

Nice one Dorothy ...I'm hoping to go back soon...for a holiday
Wish it was for good though :-)
We were there in January. One of the best holidays I've had in a long time.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Dorothy;6440771]
Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
We were there in January. One of the best holidays I've had in a long time.
I was there in January too ...just missed Wendy's coffee morning
My brother lives in Sheidow Park so I can stay with him and my SIL ...I miss it so much Dorothy, just wish OH would move there. He is thinking of going to Phuket because even with 2 airfares and accommodation it is still cheaper to get all the work done on his teeth than it is here. Unfortunately I can't go as two of my medications are not allowed in Thailand.
I'd rather go to Adelaide anyway