Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What I like about Christmas in Australia

What I like about Christmas in Australia

Old Dec 26th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What I like about Christmas in Australia

Originally Posted by lee28
The brother in law spent 2 hours trying to get out the carp park at asda on slateford road.

Also the ForthFm radio station warned shoppers to stay away from Morrisons at Ferry Road as the shop was saying it was an hour wait to get through checkout.

Im sick of this shit, the shops are closed for 2 days and even then you can go to the Asians and still get your milk and coffee, ect.

Give it a rest people in the UK its not world war 3 thats happening its Xmas!

:curse:
Can't agree more, just watching the news with all these muppets rushing out to get themselves further in debt with stuff they don't need!

Can't wait to get to Oz, at least it will be sunny and not this cold, raining crap we have going on at the moment.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:56 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to say but I actually miss all the mania of Christmas from the UK - yes Australia is laid back about it - but I read that as 'boring'!

No build up at school.......no nativity........clearing the classroom 3 weeks before the school year ends so no christmas decs at school!

I love Christmas and the more hyped up it is for me the better!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Ben44 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I could agree with the above posts. I went to Helensvale Westfield on the 23rd and it was madness queues to get in the carpark, even saw people having arguements over spaces! This proberley has alot to do with the fact that the Westfield is too small for the area that it services!