Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What I like about Christmas in Australia

What I like about Christmas in Australia

Old Dec 22nd 2007, 5:07 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: What I like about Christmas in Australia

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yeah, the Ozzie one are shite - it always gets stuck in my throat
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I know what you are saying. Although the shops were abit mad today, couldn't even find any stuffing
Got it at Currambine butchers and also at the English shop on Winton Rd, loads of it in both places just this morning.

I am happy now as I have my cherries and my liquorice allsrots, anything else is insignificant!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
Got it at Currambine butchers and also at the English shop on Winton Rd, loads of it in both places just this morning.

I am happy now as I have my cherries and my liquorice allsrots, anything else is insignificant!
I trailed all over for a box of stuffing asked 3 assistants where the stuffing was, they looked at me as if i had 3 heads

I could only manage to get a frozen turkey breast. It was all Pork and Ham in the fresh food.

Then i forgot to get the bloody chipolata's ffs!!!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I trailed all over for a box of stuffing asked 3 assistants where the stuffing was, they looked at me as if i had 3 heads

I could only manage to get a frozen turkey breast. It was all Pork and Ham in the fresh food.

Then i forgot to get the bloody chipolata's ffs!!!
The turkey here is pants, I got a free range one first christmas and haven't served it since. I went down to Mondos in Inglewood and got a nice piece of beef, mind it cost me $80 so it should be good!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

The turkey here is pants, I got a free range one first christmas and haven't served it since. I went down to Mondos in Inglewood and got a nice piece of beef, mind it cost me $80 so it should be good!

Did you buy the whole cow?

Old Dec 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Did you buy the whole cow?

it is to feed 16 so its quite a big piece of rib eye
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

it is to feed 16 so its quite a big piece of rib eye

16! You're gonna be busy

Bet you have a great day though
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 8:32 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of the things that I've come to appreciate about Christmas in Aus.

- it costs less (for me at least).
- you can do your Xmas shopping in the warmth rather than slogging around shops in the cold (cue memories of traffic jams in Tesco's carpark).
- more options for works dos
- more options for the family do
- I don't have to rush around visiting relies any more, and if I did it's not freezing and dangerous.

Obviously the downside is that I miss those Christmas days when we used to sit beside a roaring fire sipping hot chocolate and watching the snow fall outside. But then again I never experienced that in the UK either.

I've had no problems with getting nice turkey and the butcher will stuff it for you.
Old Dec 25th 2007, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Looking forward to a christmas where we can leave the house...its been raining here all day and now its cold, dark and wet and definatly not chrissmassy...

the kids are going a bit stir crazy cos we cant go out, so although they have their lovely new pressies to play with, being stuck in with me and daddy aint much fun.

Popped out sun eve to deliver a couple of pressies, fog was so thick it was unbelievable..

Roll on next year when we can at least go in the garden...havent gone in the garden for a month now cos its so wet and the ground is clay!!!!!yuk.

Queues are manic...we buy just what we would for sunday dinner, cant see the point of spending hundreds of pounds on pickles, sauces and everything else that you dont normally eat!!!!

God i love christmas but just sounded like a big humbug...
Old Dec 25th 2007, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by rabsody
It would have taken me an hour just to park the car if I was in UK!
who are you kidding??? Our 'local' Tesco back in the UK (MILs) actually had to CLOSE the car park on Sunday as it was totally FULL. Someone else I heard of missed his cross-channel ferry by TWO HOURS as he made the mistake of stopping off at Tesco in Ashford on the way back - couldn't get out because it was so packed

Last edited by Craig822; Dec 25th 2007 at 7:41 pm. Reason: speling
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

...is being so far from family!

They are a blessing and a curse.

One member of my family is not talking to me because I was insufficiently psychic to know her on/off relationship with boyfriend was back on, and I therefore did not get him a present.

Thankfully only me,Mr P and baby here to fall out with over stupid mundane matters.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

I would echo what everyone has said about christmas and seeing as we have only been here 8 weeks I was dreading it - but we had a fantastic relaxing day with good friends. We had invites from our neighbours (who we have known two weeks to go there for christmas too). The kids haven't been constantly nagging about what they would like as they haven't been bombarded with advertisements for the latest gadgets.

My only complaint is - whats a bl***y bon bon and why did everyone look at me as if I had two heads when I asked for crackers!

Lindsey
Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:04 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

christmas in aus is just the best. Finished my shopping xmas eve (and could actually look round the shops without getting an assault charge) all nice and relaxed. Xmas day spent playing cricket in the park followed by an afternoon at the beach before a late Xmas dinner. then spent today in the dandenongs having a great time (hope I never have to spend another christmas in the UK)
Old Dec 26th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

fific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to allfific is a name known to all

Maybe we are living in the wrong place - but the shops have been packed here on the Sunshine Coast - just like in England but everyone in shorts. No parking I queued for forty minutes in Woolies just getting last minute stuff - then called into the liquor store for some booze - another hour queuing.

Not managed to meet any neighbours yet - been in the house a month - dont even know what our neighbours look like - fortunately have been befriended by a group of Kiwis who invited us for tea and we had a good laugh.

Enjoyed a full roast for boxing day as it has been cold and wet here ( 24 degrees feels cold now) but I enjoyed putting on a pair of long jeans and my fave jumper. It's all too weird!
Old Dec 26th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

The brother in law spent 2 hours trying to get out the carp park at asda on slateford road.

Also the ForthFm radio station warned shoppers to stay away from Morrisons at Ferry Road as the shop was saying it was an hour wait to get through checkout.

Im sick of this shit, the shops are closed for 2 days and even then you can go to the Asians and still get your milk and coffee, ect.

Give it a rest people in the UK its not world war 3 thats happening its Xmas!

:curse:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.