Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What The Hell Is Wrong With Oz !!??!!

What The Hell Is Wrong With Oz !!??!!

Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough
Default What The Hell Is Wrong With Oz !!??!!

we've been here in mel for 1 & a half years now,me,wife,12yrold girl &14yrold boy,and we stil love oz.
i've always wondered why virtually all members disappear off this site after moving to oz,it's because they simply have no more use for this site,as i found myself,(not being nasty or anything like that.)
the only people who hang on this site are (mostly)people who are not happy in oz.
i pop in here every 2-3 months if i remember,and see the same old questions being asked,(most questions that i had asked),and the same trolls hanging about exercising their hobbies.
i am going to perminently detatch myself from this site,but before i go ,i want to thank the makers of this site,and they guys who answered my questions and queries.if it wasn't for them,it would of been a really hard transition.
i want to apologise to anyone that i offended (all of my non politically correct comment were tongue in cheek).
good luck to every one
over and out
Old Jun 19th 2005, 1:19 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With Oz !!??!!

Originally Posted by rday
we've been here in mel for 1 & a half years now,me,wife,12yrold girl &14yrold boy,and we stil love oz.
i've always wondered why virtually all members disappear off this site after moving to oz,it's because they simply have no more use for this site,as i found myself,(not being nasty or anything like that.)
the only people who hang on this site are (mostly)people who are not happy in oz.
i pop in here every 2-3 months if i remember,and see the same old questions being asked,(most questions that i had asked),and the same trolls hanging about exercising their hobbies.
i am going to perminently detatch myself from this site,but before i go ,i want to thank the makers of this site,and they guys who answered my questions and queries.if it wasn't for them,it would of been a really hard transition.
i want to apologise to anyone that i offended (all of my non politically correct comment were tongue in cheek).
good luck to every one
over and out
GOOD ONYA MATE, i,m only here for the money ....... mm
Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

good luck to every one
over and out

hahahaa hey well said.
and i am so happy you love australia...isn't she a beautiful country!
!
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely if everybody disappeared from the site once they had moved to Oz there would be no one to answer peoples queries on life out here.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:56 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
Surely if everybody disappeared from the site once they had moved to Oz there would be no one to answer peoples queries on life out here.
Agreed.

That and the fact that the site's called 'BritishExpats' not 'BritishWannabExpats'

Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:11 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

good luck to every one
over and out

to be honest - we have been here 8 months now and the fact that we dont have relatives over here for help - I use this site like its an extension to our family...... there are alot of peeps who have been tho the same experiences and are more than willing to support us and offer advice.

boomie
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:33 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Calm down "RDAY" We've been here 10mths now and we also love it here .......
I've only just started to visit the site again.....like you say most of us are far to busy building our new lives , once we hit the tarmac......
I do think we ought to hang around abit now and again if only to give advice.
After all... the site has been good to us and think we owe it to give abit back.

Must admit there are a few on this site that get on your nerves ( going home , can't stand it anymore because the chocolate doesn't taste the same)
don't know why those sort even bother.....but there you go ....thats life....

all the best plum

PS People like you need to stay.....helps keep a balanced view and all that....
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:41 pm

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Boomie sent you a pm....

plum
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:54 pm
aussie73

Originally Posted by the plumber
Calm down "RDAY" We've been here 10mths now and we also love it here .......
I've only just started to visit the site again.....like you say most of us are far to busy building our new lives , once we hit the tarmac......
I do think we ought to hang around abit now and again if only to give advice.
After all... the site has been good to us and think we owe it to give abit back.

Must admit there are a few on this site that get on your nerves ( going home , can't stand it anymore because the chocolate doesn't taste the same)
don't know why those sort even bother.....but there you go ....thats life....

all the best plum

PS People like you need to stay.....helps keep a balanced view and allthat....
l know what you mean, especially some of those on the going home forum
complaining " the chocolate doesn't taste as good, the fish and chip shops are'nt as good, the supermarkets are'nt as good as Tesco's, the TV programes are'nt as good.

Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aussie73
complaining " the chocolate doesn't taste as good, the fish and chip shops are'nt as good, the supermarkets are'nt as good as Tesco's, the TV programes are'nt as good.
I agree if the people are being really negative, but I feel some people are trying to adjust to their new lives here, and finding some things different. I have made posts about choccie here being different. It doesn't really bother me, certainly not worth going back for, and from that post I got some info on yummy Aussie chocolate to try.

Hubby and I have been here in Oz nearly 3 months. We both love it. I keep posting here as I enjoy reading other people's experiences of the move to Oz, also have got to speak to a few really nice people on the site. It is always good to have a way of making new friends, after all you can never have too many.

Katie
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:14 am

Very true.........We get on well with the Ozzie's.....but must admit like boomie said its nice also to have our expat friends and for many of us they are as close as we are going to get to family.........

That was reinforced to us yesterday when he had a great day out with billabong and family ....

all the best plum

Last edited by the plumber; Jun 20th 2005 at 12:17 am.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Flattery will get you everywhere plumb

It was good to see you all again!!
Old Jun 20th 2005, 5:09 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
Very true.........We get on well with the Ozzie's.....but must admit its nice also to have our expat friends and for many of us they are as close as we are going to get to family.........
:
Couldn't have put that any better plum

I have family here so i am luckier than most, but they are aussies and there are lots of things about being a migrant that they just don't get

Rday FWIW i love it here and stay on this site to try to be balenced and help out the newbies, after all what else is there to do on the cold dark nights cos the tellies shite
Old Jun 20th 2005, 7:06 am
scoobydoo

Originally Posted by aussie73

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.....there are plenty who are in Aus who complain about all that c@@p too!

No longer being an expat I don't really know why I post here any more...I'll be off.
best wishes.
Scoobs xx

Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

the only people who hang on this site are (mostly) people who are not happy in oz.
I think most people who still hang about would not agree with your opinion. I find the very large majority are happy in Aus and are happy to give something back to a medium that helped them so very, very much. Personally speaking I consider myself happy in Aus and this forum is in many ways my TV. I help where I can with advice and facts and try to add humour - cos boy we all need that especially whilst going through the limbo of the visa process ringer.

i pop in here every 2-3 months if i remember,and see the same old questions being asked,(most questions that i had asked)
Naturally the same questions are being asked. The people are coming to Aus. Hardly likely to start asking questions about Talskiddy Harbour are they ? Or maybe you asked questions that had already been asked before your time on the forum ? Good of people to respond was it not ?

i want to thank the makers of this site,and the guys who answered my questions and queries. If it wasn't for them, it would of been a really hard transition.
Excellent. It's just a shame you don't understand the meaning of the word reciprocation. How does that saying go ? Take and take. Oh no, it's give and take isn't it ?

all of my non politically correct comment were tongue in cheek.
Maybe this, your swan song thread, is also tongue in cheek. However I have not seen you posting much so suppose you have practiced what you are now preaching. Sod you - I'm alright Jack.

G'day R'Day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.