Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is a good salary?

What is a good salary?

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:55 pm
skye

Default What is a good salary?

my partner and I, no children, but two dogs looking to move to queensland next year, partners earnings will be approx $70,000 and myself around $50,000, we will have little equity to take over so will be starting from scratch! - can you get 100% mortgages, and would you advise to rent first or purchase! thanks

Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:01 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is a good salary?

Originally Posted by skye
my partner and I, no children, but two dogs looking to move to queensland next year, partners earnings will be approx $70,000 and myself around $50,000, we will have little equity to take over so will be starting from scratch! - can you get 100% mortgages, and would you advise to rent first or purchase! thanks
Maybe try looking in the official jobs/wages thread at the top of the page.That may give you an idea.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Two people on 130K will be fine in terms of living costs. You'll be able to get a mortgage of about $480K, if you have NO other debts. You might be able to get a larger mortgage. This may or may not be enough cash to get the type of home that you want - you'll need to search the realestate.com.au or whatever it's called to see if this is close to what you might need. Rent first.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:42 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:18 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Skye, We are also moving to Queensland next year, no children, one dog and two cats. I think your combined earnings will be fine, we are planning to rent first but with pets this can be a bit more difficult so I would recommend bringing enough money so you can offer to pay several months rent upfront. Good Luck, Neil
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:18 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Two people on 130K will be fine in terms of living costs. You'll be able to get a mortgage of about $480K, if you have NO other debts. You might be able to get a larger mortgage. This may or may not be enough cash to get the type of home that you want - you'll need to search the realestate.com.au or whatever it's called to see if this is close to what you might need. Rent first.

130k - you mean a 120k! You be careful when you are prescribing dosages now, won't you? (sick of not being able to smilie, smilie)!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
130k - you mean a 120k! You be careful when you are prescribing dosages now, won't you? (sick of not being able to smilie, smilie)!
LOL - oops.....my excuse is that I typed it at about 5am San Diego time