Melbourne Bound

Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:28 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default Melbourne Bound

Anyone recommend a good area in and around Melbourne, commutable to the CDB / IT jobs area, that is out of the burbs, rural/semi rural with bigger housing and land ?

I dont fancy the burbs again or a downtown house, I want space, freedom.

E.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:44 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Bound

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Anyone recommend a good area in and around Melbourne, commutable to the CDB / IT jobs area, that is out of the burbs, rural/semi rural with bigger housing and land ?

E.
Dear Goodness, you are an insistent chap! So far, I have liked Eltham, Boronia and the Basin, Fentree Gully and Mount Martha.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Eltham, Boronia and the Basin, Fentree Gully and Mount Martha.[/QUOTE]

These are all nice areas, we chose Mount Martha as it is close to the coast and nearer friends and family.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 8:57 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond
Eltham, Boronia and the Basin, Fentree Gully and Mount Martha.

These are all nice areas, we chose Mount Martha as it is close to the coast and nearer friends and family.[/QUOTE]

I just want to get there and explore! We have been in rentals for three years in the UK waiting to go....I know that it REALLY is the sensible thing to do to look around for ages when we arrive but how many years of shxt carpets and bad decor is one family supposed to take!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to get there and explore! We have been in rentals for three years in the UK waiting to go....I know that it REALLY is the sensible thing to do to look around for ages when we arrive but how many years of shxt carpets and bad decor is one family supposed to take! [/QUOTE]

Some people you'd think one would get round to decorating once in 3 years at least , Small tip rugs hide carpets very well and are transferable to the next abode!
Have been in rental for 5 years :scared: still a few more to go
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:04 pm
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

Originally Posted by busterboy
These are all nice areas, we chose Mount Martha as it is close to the coast and nearer friends and family.
I just want to get there and explore! We have been in rentals for three years in the UK waiting to go....I know that it REALLY is the sensible thing to do to look around for ages when we arrive but how many years of shxt carpets and bad decor is one family supposed to take! [/QUOTE]

we will be renting upon arrival, just until we sus out different areas.

I keep hunting
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:05 pm
A rather curious boy

Some people you'd think one would get round to decorating once in 3 years at least , Small tip rugs hide carpets very well and are transferable to the next abode!
Have been in rental for 5 years :scared: still a few more to go [/QUOTE]

Different rental plonkxer! We have moved around a lot! Three years of different abodes with terracotta walls and ripped lino and paper thin walls really is getting a little wearing....!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:08 pm
True Blue

Have been in rental for 5 years :scared: still a few more to go
Different rental plonkxer! We have moved around a lot! Three years of different abodes with terracotta walls and ripped lino and paper thin walls really is getting a little wearing....![/QUOTE]

mount martha is a little way to commute to CBD is it not ?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:10 pm
A rather curious boy

Different rental plonkxer! We have moved around a lot! Three years of different abodes with terracotta walls and ripped lino and paper thin walls really is getting a little wearing....!

mount martha is a little way to commute to CBD is it not ?[/QUOTE]

I know but I live in the West Midlands at present and anything seems good right now! (long suffering face smilie needed)!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

mount martha is a little way to commute to CBD is it not ?[/QUOTE]

It's not too bad, about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Depends were exactly you work.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

God posh with terracotta walls, we had purple, pink and an odd shade of lime greens when we moved in, along with half a house full of that naff horrid 80's black ash furniture (took great pleasure smashing it into tiny pieces before taking it to the local tip). Really hate the house I live in but can sleep at night knowing it's all not for ever . Would be awful if it was forever :scared:
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:18 pm
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
God posh with terracotta walls, we had purple, pink and an odd shade of lime greens when we moved in, along with half a house full of that naff horrid 80's black ash furniture (took great pleasure smashing it into tiny pieces before taking it to the local tip). Really hate the house I live in but can sleep at night knowing it's all not for ever . Would be awful if it was forever :scared:
YIKES! :scared: In our current rental, we thought we had a mahogany kitchen until we washed it!!! Eeek....under the grease was a dark pine! (puke)!

In our last rental, I could hear the guy fart next door! Yum...just the thing to get the passion started!
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

E.
Hi there

We're in The Basin - about 45 mins drive from the CBD (not so sure in rush hour though!) or same by train (from Boronia). I love the area - right on the edge of the Dandenong Ranges, but close enough to civilisation! Only about 45 mins to beach (or 20 mins to the lake beach) - hopefully less when Eastlink is open. You'll get more land if you move further into the hills, but of course then a longer commute.

R
Old Dec 28th 2006, 10:05 pm
True Blue

Originally Posted by The Crow
Hi there

We're in The Basin - about 45 mins drive from the CBD (not so sure in rush hour though!) or same by train (from Boronia). I love the area - right on the edge of the Dandenong Ranges, but close enough to civilisation! Only about 45 mins to beach (or 20 mins to the lake beach) - hopefully less when Eastlink is open. You'll get more land if you move further into the hills, but of course then a longer commute.

R
Just looked at some nice houses there using http://www.realestate.com.au
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Do you want to go by train or drive, how long a journey and do you care if you're near the coast.

Large rural blocks out Donvale, Warrandyte, Kangaroo Ground, Lillydale but all need a car and take from 40 minutes increasing as you go further out. All lovely places but require a drive to a train station and all a distance from coast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.