Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to get qualified in?

What to get qualified in?

Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:42 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What to get qualified in?

I wopuld suggest waiting till the new year and seeing what skills in demand exist, from that Education & Training International WA issues agents with study pathways matching skills etc.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by balkanghost
I wopuld suggest waiting till the new year and seeing what skills in demand exist, from that Education & Training International WA issues agents with study pathways matching skills etc.
EH???
Old Oct 16th 2009, 3:48 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Whoops you have PR This may be useful http://www.myfuture.edu.au has study and career resources, plus brilliant site http://www.skillsone.com.au lots of video about apprentices, occupations, employers, etc.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brisben
I would probably deviate and become a carpenter, you already do woodwork so have some experience. Would compliment you within your resume.

Truck drivers- two a penny but a good one is hard to find.
Truck tyre fitter, I did this, boy it will be the hardest days work you will ever do.

I suggest something which is high in demand and gives the opportunity to branch out on your own.

Plumber.

Electrician.

Carpenter.

The big bucks are for remote areas, you have to be prepared to live in or to fly in to these places. It will be a shock if your not used to it.

Port Headland in WA or the Bowen Basin can be pretty boring places.

Stick with what you know and qualify in the trade your already working in. this coupled with your experience should help you get a decent job pretty quickly.
Hi there just after a bit of information regarding plumbing/gasfitting jobs in brisbane. We have had our visa's approved on my husbands job as a gasfitter but dont have a job to go out to. We are coming over in february on a reccie trip. We are looking to live in the bayside area. Do you know of any companies you can reccomend my oh can try to get work with? Thanks kate