Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a feelin!!!!!!

What a feelin!!!!!!

Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:42 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Talking What a feelin!!!!!!

I have handed in my 3 months notice today .What a great feeling!! I also have it that if anything goes wrong with my house sale that I can put the date back. But if everything goes smoothly I will finish work on the 7th November and fly out to Melbourne around the 22nd. Will book flights once we have completed on the house

Jo

Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What a feelin!!!!!!

Jo,

Know that feelin well..... I put my notice in at the start of July to finish start of October. Have you had your visa yet or are you still waiting like us?

Neil

Originally posted by joh117
I have handed in my 3 months notice today .What a great feeling!! I also have it that if anything goes wrong with my house sale that I can put the date back. But if everything goes smoothly I will finish work on the 7th November and fly out to Melbourne around the 22nd. Will book flights once we have completed on the house

Jo

Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:53 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Wolfen
Jo,

Know that feelin well..... I put my notice in at the start of July to finish start of October. Have you had your visa yet or are you still waiting like us?

Neil

We got the visa through on the 18th June. I would not dream of handing in my notice until I knew for definate. I actually enjoy my job I even like my life here in the UK just feel there is more out there than living in the UK and we only have one life and it is for living.

I feel good about handing my notice in as I know I am one more step towards taking the plunge.

Hope you get your visa grant through soon. Have you done your medicals etc...?

Jo
Old Aug 6th 2003, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Meds done and passed, Investment bond deposited and an email from my case officer saying all received and the visa will be finalised in the next 4 weeks.... Good enough for me.

Cheers
Neil

We got the visa through on the 18th June. I would not dream of handing in my notice until I knew for definate. I actually enjoy my job I even like my life here in the UK just feel there is more out there than living in the UK and we only have one life and it is for living.

I feel good about handing my notice in as I know I am one more step towards taking the plunge.

Hope you get your visa grant through soon. Have you done your medicals etc...?

Jo
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:14 pm
Pass The Post

Meds done and passed, Investment bond deposited and an email from my case officer saying all received and the visa will be finalised in the next 4 weeks.... Good enough for me.

Cheers
Neil
Excellent. Where in Melbourne are going? We are heading for the mornington peninsula

Jo
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

We have absolutely no idea!!!! Only just made the decision after a long time deciding between Melbourne or Sydney.

If you`ve got any info/gen it would be greatly appreciated. Area`s, house prices etc.

Cheers
Neil

Excellent. Where in Melbourne are going? We are heading for the mornington peninsula

Jo
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:40 pm
Pass The Post

We have absolutely no idea!!!! Only just made the decision after a long time deciding between Melbourne or Sydney.

If you`ve got any info/gen it would be greatly appreciated. Area`s, house prices etc.

Cheers
Neil

try www.domain.com.au for real estate I am lucky as I have friends out there and we have asked them about areas. Mornington Peninsula is lovely surrounded by ocean. It is 80km from Melbourne. We are staying with friends and then can find our feet. I guess it depends what you are looking for in an area

Jo
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Jo

know the feeling handed my notice in last month felt great. Finish end of sept, now on gardening leave. Anyway must go Bev's got me another cold one out of the fridge and my little boys screaming for me to get back in the paddling pool.

James
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Jo

what great news and a great company you must work for, for them to say you can put the date back should anything go wrong (not that it will)!
really pleased for you
best regards
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I am dreading handing my notice in - bit of a coward really.

I won't hand it in until we have someone interested in the house. We are trying to save as much as poss at the moment so we need the money coming in.

I am supposed to hand my notice in 31st Aug if I want to finish mid Dec, I don't think I am going to be able to do this so I won't be in my bosses good books.

My husband has told his work, but hasn't officially resigned. I would rather it was out in the open at my work, but I daren't risk it.

Hope things go smoothly for you.