Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:48 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

-Wet, cold, miserable weather for most of the year.

-A test cricket team that can't bat, bowl or field. They are very good at giving lip service though (no sorry, winning a couple of one dayers doesn't count).

-Rude, inefficient, aggressive service people who can't even bring themselves to give eye contact, let alone a friendly smile.

-Council tax for rentals.

-TV Tax (to pay for crap TV btw). We have crap TV, but we don't pay for it.

-Double the petrol price.

-Expensive restaurant prices for simple food such as chinese.

-Little class and no culture compared to their neighbours, such as France/Italy/Scotland/Ireland etc.

A couple of things I do miss - Fire cracker night and Halloween. That's it.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Oh i forgot to add that OZ doesn't have Prawn Cocktail flavoured crisps
Why o Why????
Because they're minging - duh! I don't get the crisps (chips) thing. I was a die hard Walkers fan in the UK and got here imagining from threads on here I would never eat a crisp again but I have found so many fab flavours that more than match up to Walker IN MY OPINION

To the OP, I can't think of anything that affects my daily life. It's a different country and so stuff and services are different. I try not to compare but in my experience in my tiny part of the country services are superior to those I received in my tiny part of the UK.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:01 am
Just Joined

skatie6699 is an unknown quantity at this point

salt and vinigar chipsticks only the cheap ones not alot to ask!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skatie6699
salt and vinigar chipsticks only the cheap ones not alot to ask!!!!!!!!!!!
Turkey Twizzlers
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:16 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Metal Mickey's Atomic Thunderbusters & the obligatory Football Crazy's ...

Originally Posted by renth
Turkey Twizzlers
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: What does UK have that Oz doesn't?

MRSA -The super bug!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:42 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Because they're minging - duh! I don't get the crisps (chips) thing. I was a die hard Walkers fan in the UK and got here imagining from threads on here I would never eat a crisp again but I have found so many fab flavours that more than match up to Walker IN MY OPINION

To the OP, I can't think of anything that affects my daily life. It's a different country and so stuff and services are different. I try not to compare but in my experience in my tiny part of the country services are superior to those I received in my tiny part of the UK.
I love them it's the first thing i looked for in the shops. I don't like all these Cheesy things....we want Prawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:51 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris96
MRSA -The super bug!
I've been very thankful of this particular fact given my two recent trips for surgery...

S
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris96
MRSA -The super bug!
Just as common in Australia I am afraid.

It is a WORLDWIDE problem.

G
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Just as common in Australia I am afraid.

It is a WORLDWIDE problem.

G
Just in case you don't believe me:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/a.../superbugs.htm
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:52 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I'm not clued up on these type if infections but the papers here are always raging on about the Golden Staph problem in hospitals. I presume it's a similar type of infection to MRSA anyone?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:53 am
careful what you wish 4

dougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud ofdougggy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
Turkey Twizzlers
sorry to inform but `Turkey Twizzlers` are now new and improved and have had all the fat and other rubbish taken out of them and now consequently
taste of nothing! (thank you very much Jamie Olivier)

was there anything finer to the palate than a hot buttered toast sanwich of the
old type of turkey twizzlers covered in in tomato sauce....

of course this will kill you but is that not part of the pleasure?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:03 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Oh i forgot to add that OZ doesn't have Prawn Cocktail flavoured crisps
Why o Why????
Ill send you some over...i work at Golden Wonder lol
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:20 pm

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Banks's
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonynhayley
Hey all,

Still over in UK at present, currently doing TRA so a long way to go but its great finding out about Oz on this forum, reading about peoples experiences.

Started this thread cos I am interested in finding out what the UK has that Oz doesn't......yet.

Keen to find out what products, food, businesses, shops etc people miss out in Oz, be interesting to find out. So far people have said that they miss the cheap clothing and british telly (minority though, LOL), anything else?
Oh, Shreddies, Weetabix, decent mayonnaise, salad cream and marmite, decent washing powder and not forgetting gallons of rain!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.