Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you think? Are we just dreaming?

What do you think? Are we just dreaming?

Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:01 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think? Are we just dreaming?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
You know what, mid twenties is very young in some ways to be doing all this.
The people who move to Australia tend to have established themselves and have firm skills to offer. Training and work experience is your next move - it probably won't be in Australia but perhaps a move in the EU first? That's what I did!

Re-training in a more desirable/rewarding sector, paying more $$$, with a view to moving to Australia in a few year's time, is one thing..... and once a person has retrained, they might have forgotten all about moving to Aus.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:09 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
but several people mentioned it is not going to work and you continued to push it as an option.
As has been pointed out to me several times before........this is a discussion forum. I think I am entitled to continuing debating the same issue if I have an opinion on it. Is that not how it works around here?

There is nothing on the WHV visa criteria that says you cant apply for a visa by yourself even if you have a partner and children. It just states you have to apply by paper if you are not including the children on the application. There is then nothing to say that once you are here on a WHV, at a later date your partner and child cannot visit you on a tourist visa if they can show means of supporting themselves whilst they are here. Because the child is not dependant on the WHV visa holder nor have they accompanied them - they have been assessed as being supported by and accompanying the tourist visa holder.

I'm still waiting for the expert to turn up and tell me why it cant happen. Not because I believe I'm right, in fact I'm sure I'm not because it looks like a major loophole to me and I'm sure it would have been spotted by now, but because I cant see anything in any of the posts above or on the immi website including the relevant application forms for WHV and tourist 676 visas that provides the proof that this can't happen.

I'll leave it with you. Thanks.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

itxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of lightitxrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ponyrama
As has been pointed out to me several times before........this is a discussion forum. I think I am entitled to continuing debating the same issue if I have an opinion on it. Is that not how it works around here?

There is nothing on the WHV visa criteria that says you cant apply for a visa by yourself even if you have a partner and children. It just states you have to apply by paper if you are not including the children on the application. There is then nothing to say that once you are here on a WHV, at a later date your partner and child cannot visit you on a tourist visa if they can show means of supporting themselves whilst they are here. Because the child is not dependant on the WHV visa holder nor have they accompanied them - they have been assessed as being supported by and accompanying the tourist visa holder.

I'm still waiting for the expert to turn up and tell me why it cant happen. Not because I believe I'm right, in fact I'm sure I'm not because it looks like a major loophole to me and I'm sure it would have been spotted by now, but because I cant see anything in any of the posts above or on the immi website including the relevant application forms for WHV and tourist 676 visas that provides the proof that this can't happen.

I'll leave it with you. Thanks.
Go girl