Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you think??

What do you think??

Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:31 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you think??

Have just sent TRA off last week (through Agent), having already paid £900 (Agents Fees) and some for Australian TRA Fees.

Now Agent saying either wait 8-12 weeks for TRA assessment to come back and then start VISA application or now pay another £550 to start Visa application, the fee is fine BUT when I asked what if we dont get through TRA do we get the money back they said NO!!

So we would have already lost over £1000 if we dont get through and it would mean losing ANOTHER £550.

What would you do would you take the risk and go for it in for a penny in for a pound (well quite a few pounds as it happens) or would you wait until TRA is granted and then pay for next stage of Visa application??

Hope that makes sense to all!! All expereinces and views would be very welcome as we CANT DECIDE!! ha ha
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

angieh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you think??

Originally Posted by toon williams
Have just sent TRA off last week (through Agent), having already paid £900 (Agents Fees) and some for Australian TRA Fees.

Now Agent saying either wait 8-12 weeks for TRA assessment to come back and then start VISA application or now pay another £550 to start Visa application, the fee is fine BUT when I asked what if we dont get through TRA do we get the money back they said NO!!

So we would have already lost over £1000 if we dont get through and it would mean losing ANOTHER £550.

What would you do would you take the risk and go for it in for a penny in for a pound (well quite a few pounds as it happens) or would you wait until TRA is granted and then pay for next stage of Visa application??

Hope that makes sense to all!! All expereinces and views would be very welcome as we CANT DECIDE!! ha ha
Hiya been there done that !!!

Really depends on how confident you are of your skills, we started application for visa before TRA came back, it will save time in the long run and it is a lot of cash but hey its the rest of your life your talking about, so go for it. We have just been granted our visa. What till you get to our stage then you really havent a clue what to do first !!!.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams

Strange, our agent worked on a no visa no fee basis. Off course there were certain clauses in the contract, which basically meant that if I lied, withheld or supplied some wrong information or if I failed the medical then it was considered my fault and I would have to pay them in full. As long as eveything was done by the book and your answers were factual then you should be okay, assuming your agent has the same set of rules. If not then you are using the wrong agent.

Good luck, im sure you will be okay, but I would pay another penny until you clarify the agreement, and after that only pay and start the main app after you receive notification of pass from TRA.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:19 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Why not spend the time getting the forms from Aus Immigration and attempting to fill them out yourselves.

This way when you realise it can be pretty straight forward and by the time your TRA comes back you will be ready to apply yourselves and save a heck of a lot
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Why not spend the time getting the forms from Aus Immigration and attempting to fill them out yourselves.

This way when you realise it can be pretty straight forward and by the time your TRA comes back you will be ready to apply yourselves and save a heck of a lot
You may find it difficult getting the TRA documentation from your agent without paying for the rest of the process, definately check your contract.

Our contact said basically we pay a deposit and then two installments one with the TRA part and the rest with the main app. The contract stated the agent had the right to holf all documentation relating to the case until payment had been made in full.

I would expect DIMIA would side with the agent as well, so you couldnt use case references from them or get copies from them without authorisation from your agent.

Check your contract before making a decision
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:09 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manxfamily
You may find it difficult getting the TRA documentation from your agent without paying for the rest of the process, definately check your contract.

Our contact said basically we pay a deposit and then two installments one with the TRA part and the rest with the main app. The contract stated the agent had the right to holf all documentation relating to the case until payment had been made in full.

I would expect DIMIA would side with the agent as well, so you couldnt use case references from them or get copies from them without authorisation from your agent.

Check your contract before making a decision
Fair enough if you have signed this type of agreement. But basically the TRA documentation is all the stuff you provided and signed yourself, copies of certificates etc etc. You need the confirmation that you passed TRA and then copies of this again go to DIMIA. There is no real documentation that they can hold once you pass that you would desparately need is there?

I was pointing out that for most families the application is a set of forms you have to fill out anyway and send back to the Agent to check (if they are nice they type them up and send a copy of them back to you) and really with the notes attached from DIMIA it is really straight forward it is not like you are making a case.

It is a good point to check carefully your contract - could be like estate agents sell with someone else within a certain time and you still owe us the commision :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2005, 10:59 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
Fair enough if you have signed this type of agreement. But basically the TRA documentation is all the stuff you provided and signed yourself, copies of certificates etc etc. You need the confirmation that you passed TRA and then copies of this again go to DIMIA. There is no real documentation that they can hold once you pass that you would desparately need is there?

I was pointing out that for most families the application is a set of forms you have to fill out anyway and send back to the Agent to check (if they are nice they type them up and send a copy of them back to you) and really with the notes attached from DIMIA it is really straight forward it is not like you are making a case.

It is a good point to check carefully your contract - could be like estate agents sell with someone else within a certain time and you still owe us the commision :scared:

Thanks for all replies, but I think maybe didnt explain myself properly first time round.

The agent is fine I have no problems with her she has already got 3 of my friends out to Oz no problems!!

My query was do I start getting Visa Application ready now, the TRA stuff went off last week and I understand takes about 8 weeks, or do I wait until I get a Definite YES from them before I proceed with our application??

I will as suggested download from Australia Immigration Website to take a look!!