Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What do you do when you get the Wahooo!!?

What do you do when you get the Wahooo!!?

Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you do when you get the Wahooo!!?

Dear Friends,

With so many visas in the last few weeks, (and still waiting for mine as you all know!), I wondered what people did when the news sank in, obviously after the shouting, screaming, crying and telling us lot bit....

To me it seems some scurry off into a mad frenzy of booking, selling, packing and so on....but others just are able to start planning with certainty....

How did you react....or how do you think you will react?

Let us know...

Mash...
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point

We celebrated with a family visit to Pizza Hut then cracked open a bottle of bubbly later on.

Booked our flights so that we could validate and then got very depressed because events have prevented us from going straight away!

The rest of our time is spent in envy at all those who have gone!

Love Ginny
Old Jan 14th 2003, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you do when you get the Wahooo!!?

I think Mash that i would just cry- with relief. Then i would start screaming hysterically, phone everyone i Know, and then get down the travel agents to book the first available flight.

Of course this is purely hypathetical so I will let you know what really happens when it eventually does.....

Love

Grub
Old Jan 14th 2003, 9:18 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Was sitting at computer with Husband here in Sydney - when email from agent came through, bottle of wine and rang the family in the UK (our visas were not a formality by anymeans).

Next day I attended the works party and spent much of the time draped in a six foot aussie flag! We do not validate until end of April when we are coming back to the UK to party for a month! and then start celebrating over again when we arrive back in Sydney.

Best of Luck to you Mash I know you have been waiting a long time, hope you hear soon and celebrate very hard.

Cheers
Old Jan 15th 2003, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

In the end, after a two year wait it was a bit of an anti-climax. On the one hand we felt happy, as well as scared, but when we rang round everyone to share the "good news" very few people shared in our elation. Whilst family and close friends were pleased for us they were pretty down as don't want us to go. The only people who were whooping were all our friends already in Oz. Had a bottle of champagne ready in case we had good news but in the end didn't crack it open until New Year (got visas in May).

Things didn't work out as planned for us either as house sale fell through, however we've just sold again so are keeping everything crossed!

So, whilst you may be over the moon nearest and dearest may not!
Old Jan 15th 2003, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

When we get our visas, Im gonna strip off to my bra and pants and run around my close - Visa in hand!!!! Ive also promised my husband (one drunken night) that if he can get us to OZ then I would get a tattoo of a kangaroo on my bum which he is now holding me to!!!:scared:
Old Jan 15th 2003, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by mashiraz
Dear Friends,

With so many visas in the last few weeks, (and still waiting for mine as you all know!), I wondered what people did when the news sank in, obviously after the shouting, screaming, crying and telling us lot bit....

To me it seems some scurry off into a mad frenzy of booking, selling, packing and so on....but others just are able to start planning with certainty....

How did you react....or how do you think you will react?

Let us know...

Mash...

Hi Mash
Even when I read the threads about people getting their visas, I have a lump in my throat, and my eyes fill up, especially for all the London-Adelaide transfers and the ones left in London. We have all been treated rotten,
When we get ours I shall jump and shout and ring everybody who said they doubt wether we will go to Australia, it's been such along time coming they didn't believe us!!!!!
I would like to go to work drunk, wouldn't be appreciated though as I work with 2 1/2 to 4 year olds, maybe a hangover would be a mistake too, but wouldn't be able to wait til the weekend.

Hope some news for the rest of comes before the end of January.
keep smiling
c-ya Yve
Old Jan 15th 2003, 4:59 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
When we get our visas, Im gonna strip off to my bra and pants and run around my close - Visa in hand!!!!
Similar to what I did,except I was suzzied up in me fave undies,& it weren't me visa in me hand.

BB-where did Wolfens wife say she live ?
Old Jan 15th 2003, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What do you do when you get the Wahooo!!?

Originally posted by baldbutts
Similar to what I did,except I was suzzied up in me fave undies,& it weren't me visa in me hand.

BB-where did Wolfens wife say she live ?

BB - She lives ........ With me!!! :-)
Old Jan 15th 2003, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default real crock hunter now.

hi all still on one, cant sleep phoning auss at daft times in the night in regaurds my $100,000 investmant.
cleaning my stiff sheets from the bed wwhhhoooo.

aussi tipper. plus4xxxx.