Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what do you all think of perth - honestly!!!

what do you all think of perth - honestly!!!

Old Jun 21st 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

bigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant futurebigmac31 has a brilliant future
Default what do you all think of perth - honestly!!!

Hi all, just wondering what you're all thinking about perth, well for the people that live here. We have lived here for nearly 3 years now and we're not homesick as such but not too sure if we've made the right decision. we know we don't want to go back to uk but was thinking about canada. Not sure if we still want the feeling of adventure or just a change. Just want to know you thoughts.
nat.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 11:19 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what do you all think of perth - honestly!!!

Originally Posted by bigmac31 View Post
Hi all, just wondering what you're all thinking about perth, well for the people that live here. We have lived here for nearly 3 years now and we're not homesick as such but not too sure if we've made the right decision. we know we don't want to go back to uk but was thinking about canada. Not sure if we still want the feeling of adventure or just a change. Just want to know you thoughts.
nat.
Surely what's important is how you and your family feel about Perth and changing direction in your life ???? Only you can make that choice and my opinions on Perth are neither here nor there.

Good luck on making a decision either way
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

At the end of the day, you must do what you feel is right. I would, however, give it a lot of thought. Three years may seem like a long time, but it's relatively short considering you have relocated your entire life here.

I have been here a little over two and a half years, and I am only just beginning to feel settled. These things take time.

Which ever decision you make, I hope it works out for you.

J
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

kitten_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Perth... I lived there for a year and a half. I am back in the UK at the moment but we have applied for a visa to come back. After uming and ah-ing for many years we feel its time to give it a chance. We wont be back to Perth, but instead are giving Sydney a bash. I can without a doubt recommend Perth. I love Cottesloe and wandering around the beach. The city is fab for working in and the Swan river right next to it is beautiful. My favorite night activity was movies in Kings Park or picnics by the Swan river.... hope that you can find something good there!