Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to do when one wants to try oz again but OH doesnt???

What to do when one wants to try oz again but OH doesnt???

Old May 20th 2011, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Sandersons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to do when one wants to try oz again but OH doesnt???

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi all

Just want some opinions really.

Went to oz in sept 2009, came back to uk, but now i want to try oz again but the other half doesn,t!!!

Things didnt work out first time round, we collapsed at first hurdle - yes i know, was a stupid thing to do, should off stuck it out, but anyway i want to try again but other half not interested.

We have this chance that alot of people would dream off and cant do.

Any advice and thoughts would be great.

We are a family of 5, 3 girls aged 14, 12 and 3.
I can totally sympathise with your situation. We are in the exact same predicament but it's the other way round with us - he wants to go and I'm not convinced. The upside for us is that we don't have young kids to consider. OH has two grown up children who are making their own way in the world now.

I'm not sure what would be different if we did it again - apart from changes in our mindset and how we view the people/things in our lives.

We have until May 2013 and then our visa runs out and that's pretty much it for us.........I can hear the clock ticking very loudly at the moment!

I hope you manage to talk properly about your issues with the move and come to a happy conclusion.

Xx
Old May 20th 2011, 12:01 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Just want some opinions really.

Went to oz in sept 2009, came back to uk, but now i want to try oz again but the other half doesn,t!!!

Things didnt work out first time round, we collapsed at first hurdle - yes i know, was a stupid thing to do, should off stuck it out, but anyway i want to try again but other half not interested.

We have this chance that alot of people would dream off and cant do.

Any advice and thoughts would be great.

We are a family of 5, 3 girls aged 14, 12 and 3.
It's over
Old May 20th 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's over
Beat around the bush why dont you.
Old May 20th 2011, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Beat around the bush why dont you.
All opinions welcome, good or bad
Old May 20th 2011, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing you can do. Unless you want Oz more than him?
Old May 21st 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 77hil
Nothing you can do. Unless you want Oz more than him?
Thanks for advice everyone
Old May 21st 2011, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Thanks for advice everyone
you will still have you activated visa, so y not try somewere else in Oz