Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what did you put in your container that you should have put in your baggage!

what did you put in your container that you should have put in your baggage!

Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default what did you put in your container that you should have put in your baggage!

Just wondering what sort of things that people sent in the container that they found they really needed and should have taken on the flight with them?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:48 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what did you put in your container that you should have put in your baggage!

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Just wondering what sort of things that people sent in the container that they found they really needed and should have taken on the flight with them?
the children

frightfully silly of me i know
but these things just happen
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what did you put in your container that you should have put in your baggage!

Well how about this the otherway around...what did we put in our luggage that we are glad we did:

- A few tools - screw drivers, spanners, Stanley knife (put in suit case not hand luggage!). Really handy for opening tape on boxes, putting together self-assembly stuff, etc

- A few knives, forks, spoons, etc to saving having to buy a complete set before the container arrives

What mistake did we make...

Putting fitted sheets, duvet cover and pillow cases in our luggage for a double matress then finding that our Oz house is so big, we decided to by a queen bed - so the stuff wont fit.

Don't get me wrong...these are not big value items and if we had been charged excess baggage, it would probably have been cheaper to buy them here..but we weren't so its OK.

I think the thing we (the wife) is missing most is the washing machine!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

When our container finally arrived after 2 months we found my son's asthma medication all neatly packed in with my heart tablets along with the note that said 'DO NOT PACK THESE'. They had been sitting on the dining room table for us to put in our suitcases but the guys just picked up everything that wasn't already in our cases. Oh well, good thing I keep a second supply in my purse for such emergencies.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:31 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Red_V_Roger;5441817]Well how about this the otherway around...what did we put in our luggage that we are glad we did:

- A few tools - screw drivers, spanners, Stanley knife (put in suit case not hand luggage!). Really handy for opening tape on boxes, putting together self-assembly stuff, etc

- A few knives, forks, spoons, etc to saving having to buy a complete set before the container arrives

What mistake did we make...

Putting fitted sheets, duvet cover and pillow cases in our luggage for a double matress then finding that our Oz house is so big, we decided to by a queen bed - so the stuff wont fit.

Don't get me wrong...these are not big value items and if we had been charged excess baggage, it would probably have been cheaper to buy them here..but we weren't so its OK.

I think the thing we (the wife) is missing most is the washing machine![/QUOTE]

The best advice I can give is to ditch the washing machine in the UK and buy one here! Being in a rental withoput a washing machine we were so glad we had to buy one. I know a few peeps who are always at the laundromat
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

The best advice I can give is to ditch the washing machine in the UK and buy one here! Being in a rental withoput a washing machine we were so glad we had to buy one. I know a few peeps who are always at the laundromat

Well the rental has got a tumble drier - I think mainly 'cause it was too heavy for them to get down off the wall! I had the transit brackets for our washer and as company is paying, we shipped it.

We also shipped our condenser tubble drier...so we're a house with two TD's instead of two TV's just think of our carbon footprint!