Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What Did You Find Whilst Clearing the Loft!?

What Did You Find Whilst Clearing the Loft!?

Old Sep 16th 2005, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default What Did You Find Whilst Clearing the Loft!?

I think there might have been a post about this recently - can't find it.
Anyway, we had the day off to sort the loft out yesterday and the best things I found were -- a burka and a real gun holster - with a water pistol in!! (both from when I travelled in Pakistan just in case you wondered...). I think I'll leave the burka (really difficult to walk in - BTW I'm not wishing to offend by that statement..).

Also found some mounted butterflies (grim I know - was my great Unlces hobby ). Can I take those? Not sure I want to though.

Good news is - managed to get Adam to box up his 80s videos for the car boot Well, apart from his Erasure ones :scared:
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Did You Find Whilst Clearing the Loft!?

Have you sold now ? Last I heard your buyer had pulled out.

Heather
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
Anyway, we had the day off to sort the loft out yesterday and the best things I found were -- a burka and a real gun holster - with a water pistol in!! (both from when I travelled in Pakistan just in case you wondered...). I think I'll leave the burka (really difficult to walk in - BTW I'm not wishing to offend by that statement..).

Also found some mounted butterflies (grim I know - was my great Unlces hobby ). Can I take those? Not sure I want to though.

Good news is - managed to get Adam to box up his 80s videos for the car boot Well, apart from his Erasure ones :scared:

I found a toy Bazooka and Mortar that fires plastic shells that my parents brought me when I was a kid, its a wonder that I grew up as normal as I am
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
Have you sold now ? Last I heard your buyer had pulled out.

Heather
No - it's been a bit of a nightmare. Have changed estate agents and these seem even worse - can't even sort out their advertising and websites However, we do have some viewers tomorrow. I'll give them another week or so then sack them. We will probably go out Jan/Feb anyway - we're ready to go now (well not on the organising side of course!!).

Congrats with your TRA BTW!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jond
I found a toy Bazooka and Mortar that fires plastic shells that my parents brought me when I was a kid, its a wonder that I grew up as normal as I am
You sound like my older brother - he had a selection of air guns and I was always finding pellets in my dollies He also set up photos of me and my younger brother slaughtering the toy polar bear with kitchen knives and homemade beetroot blood :scared:
He too is fairly normal now..... as far as I know
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

No - it's been a bit of a nightmare. Have changed estate agents and these seem even worse - can't even sort out their advertising and websites However, we do have some viewers tomorrow. I'll give them another week or so then sack them. We will probably go out Jan/Feb anyway - we're ready to go now (well not on the organising side of course!!).

Congrats with your TRA BTW!!
Ta m8.

I can't believe the trouble you're having selling - that's been ages now. Will send you karma for tomorrow.

Heather
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:32 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

moose shite
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by biggy
moose shite
Must have been difficult to sleep with a moose in your loft
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:38 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Must have been difficult to sleep with a moose in your loft
lots ov shite lol worst thing was ....bedrooms were in the loft
Old Sep 16th 2005, 3:45 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

I found my faith in the Labour government....I'd wondered where it disappeared to.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by <")))><
I found my faith in the Labour government....I'd wondered where it disappeared to.
Talking politics and I hate to admit this but I found a letter from Maggie Thatcher thanking me for sending her a congratuations card for winning the 79 election :scared: I was only young at the time - honest and I didn't know then did I .......................
Old Sep 17th 2005, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like my older brother - he had a selection of air guns and I was always finding pellets in my dollies He also set up photos of me and my younger brother slaughtering the toy polar bear with kitchen knives and homemade beetroot blood :scared:
He too is fairly normal now..... as far as I know

My Sister phoned me fron Melbourne the other day and said that my nephew ( he is 4) was just like me and all he was interested was guns and she tried to blame it on me? I don't think that when I said that a spell in the army like me would cure him of it went down to well.

I will try to get him interested in golf when we go to live with them in November.

John