Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to buy..Plasma / LCD ?????

What to buy..Plasma / LCD ?????

Old May 22nd 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What to buy..Plasma / LCD ?????

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Hi All

A bit of advice if you please:

New tv required...Do i buy HD Plasma (50") or HD LCD (50")

What have you bought ?

Cheers
I'm having the same dilemma!! Have been looking at both that much i am confused!!

Think it is all down to personal choice, get what features you want and see whats available at he best price.

Like someone has said, when you see 20 tv's together there's good and bad in all the price ranges, but if you choose what you like, it will be the best in the room when you get it home!?

Can someone tell me the best 42"" to get and where i can get it, fed up looking!!!
Old May 22nd 2007, 11:48 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

Hi All

What have you bought ?

Cheers
ive got both,plasma anytime please
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:45 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sa2oz
We have an LCD but not 50" only 36". I think plasma is rated better at 50"
Over time they have all got closer in specs. We use the TV in a reasonably bright room so the power consumption is less than a plasma.
I also wanted HD so that limited the choice a lot.
The best is choose what you like best and see for some facts
http://whychooseplasma.com.au/
The thing is that when you see 20 together some will look better because the controls have been adjsuted, or lighting is better for some but once it's home and all you have is one in a room almost any will look pretty good.
there is now a http://whychooselcd.com.au site too
Old May 23rd 2007, 12:58 am
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future

Hi All

What have you bought ?

Cheers
Personally, I would go Plasma. LCDs just don't look as good (picture wise).

Or wait till Xmas, and get one of these....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20556847-2,00.html
Old May 23rd 2007, 8:27 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mctree
Personally, I would go Plasma. LCDs just don't look as good (picture wise).

Or wait till Xmas, and get one of these....

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20556847-2,00.html
Thanxs for all the advice guys...I think i'm gonna wait till xmas and get one of these...
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:40 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

LCD may be the way as more manufacturers closing down their factories that make them. Like any thing else i guess as technology goes on they get better.
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:51 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

OLEDs have been touted as the next, cheaper, better screens. Next year perhaps?