Reload this Page >

Whales in Perth!

Whales in Perth!

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whales in Perth!

Originally Posted by tracey brien
Hi. I'm new to Perth, I know where Hilary's is, can you tell me where is the best place to see the whales.

Thanks, Tracey
Take the coast road down to Hillary's, keep driving past the boat harbour staying on the coast road and it's just past it. There's actually a very nice beach there which we'd never found before!

If there's lots of people there, then the whales are there too! If not, just follow the coast road down.
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:59 pm
Oz won't no whats hit em!

lindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Just had to share this with you.

We went down to see the whales today, just down from Hillary's boat harbour. It was a mum and her calf and they were so close to the shore it was amazing!!

They were in the shallow water so the mum could protect the calf I think, just until it gets big enough to go out into the deeper waters. The wildlife folk say she'll be around for a while to come, so go and check it out if you can.

Totally AWESOME!!!!!!
Hi tracey, those pics are amazing.

a few years ago, when i was in perth, we went down to the beach with family for the day, i was swimming in the sea when three dolphins swum passed me, probably a good couple of feet closer that you were to the wales. At first i was shitting my self as i only saw the fins and thought they were sharks (cringing now) but when i realised i just stood and watched, was the most amzing experience to the point that i actually cried.
Old Sep 4th 2005, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

We did a whale trip out at the Gold Coast recently:

but we did have to go 3 miles from the coast to see them!

The ones you see came right in!

When we was out there one of the whales got caught up in the shark net too, but after a few hours of Seaworld people out on boats, they cut the net and the whale got away unscathed! ...

Tis very much an experience tho! ...
Old Sep 4th 2005, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

On a sadder note a baby whale was washed up on Mullaloo beach a couple of weeks a go.............it sadly died.

if you want to see loads of dolphins hop on a Captain Cook boat down to Freo...........there are loads of them at the moment in the Swan River!!
Old Sep 4th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Absolutely stunning

SS
Old Sep 5th 2005, 12:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

We went and had a look Saturday morning at Sorrento, they were so close it was undelievable. We went out to the groyne and once again, they came past so close you could hear them blowing. The calf kept popping its head out of the water for a better view.

In case anyone is wondering, they were southern right whales.