Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've taken the house off the market

We've taken the house off the market

Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all
Unhappy We've taken the house off the market

Hi,
We have taken the house off the market, we have decided to have a rest from the stress of waiting on every phone call, not letting the children have any toys out, paint, dress up, or do anything fun etc,etc especially as its the holidays and I have turned into the mum from hell.
We fly out to validate 22nd and will get back on the treadmill after the holidays, we figure its a quiet time anyway, although how it can be much quieter than it already is beyond me. I spoke to the estate agent who told me that they only sold three houses last month and one of them fell through!
I, like many others on the site feel thoroughly fed up and the extra expense of a holiday has not helped.
So now I am trying to chill and relax a bit before I explode!!!!!
Elfin x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've taken the house off the market

Originally Posted by elfin
Hi,
We have taken the house off the market, we have decided to have a rest from the stress of waiting on every phone call, not letting the children have any toys out, paint, dress up, or do anything fun etc,etc especially as its the holidays and I have turned into the mum from hell.
We fly out to validate 22nd and will get back on the treadmill after the holidays, we figure its a quiet time anyway, although how it can be much quieter than it already is beyond me. I spoke to the estate agent who told me that they only sold three houses last month and one of them fell through!
I, like many others on the site feel thoroughly fed up and the extra expense of a holiday has not helped.
Elfin x
I really feel for you I know how stressful selling is

Enjoy the hol's and good luck!

Sue
Old Aug 1st 2005, 4:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Elfin x
Go and enjoy your holiday

No matter what you know that you are on your way. Why not leave some stuff lying around on the floor now - just because you can
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi,
Elfin x
Can't say that I can blame you, we were at the same point then we sold!!!

But we are now at the stage where if the sale falls thro' we will have to re think our plans. We have found it very difficult with all the ifs and buts and so to some degree have the kids.

enjoy the break and hopefully after your hol you'll come back refreshed and feeling it is worth the hassle after all.

Have great hol

Chris
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:21 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Elfin x
Hi Elfin

I know exactly how you feel, and don't blame you one little bit.
Although personally I think the best time to try and sell your property is when you are away. I cleaned the house top to bottom and gave the Estate Agents the keys, note the plural, got so desperate I put it on with 5 agents
At least your house would stay tidy while you are away and you never know you could come home and find it sold.

Sharon
x
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:40 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Elfin x
Hi Elfin,
I know exactly what you mean about the stress of selling, we too have been at it for 14 months. I think you are making a good decision, go away and enjoy your holiday and then come back and start again. I'm told by a few estate agents that things are beginning to turn, so hopefully some serious buyers will pop up.
Best wishes
Sarah
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I think we all agree that selling your house sucks. But go over and have a great holiday, look at the fact you can use it to do some research.