Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate still climbing......Fraser?!!

Exchange rate still climbing......Fraser?!!

Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exchange rate still climbing......Fraser?!!

2.30 at the moment. Any bids on how much higher it might go?

UK interest rate announcement next week isn't there?? Might have to be low due to recent events? Which will strengthen sterling?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default Re: Exchange rate still climbing......Fraser?!!

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

UK interest rate announcement next week isn't there?? Might have to be low due to recent events? Which will strengthen sterling?

About to change some dosh so fingers crossed on any bleedin' improvement!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:48 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family

I'm not sure about the interest cut I thought someone said it would weaken the £
Old Jul 28th 2005, 5:58 am
ABCDiamond

Will someone let me know when it gets back up to 2.9, i've got a few bob I may want to change back to $'s

Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Will someone let me know when it gets back up to 2.9, i've got a few bob I may want to change back to $'s

It wont get to that anytime soon...how do I know? Because we are not far off getting our money to exchange...so its likely to go closer to 1.9 than 2.9 for a while....

Thats just our luck!!!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:02 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
It wont get to that anytime soon...how do I know? Because we are not far off getting our money to exchange...so its likely to go closer to 1.9 than 2.9 for a while....

Thats just our luck!!!
Well we've got to change ours soon so I suggest you change yours a bit lively because I don't need your bad luck mixing with mine :scared:
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Well we've got to change ours soon so I suggest you change yours a bit lively because I don't need your bad luck mixing with mine :scared:

LOL could you imagine if it went 1:1 just cause you and I were changing our money??

bloody typical!! hehe
Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:13 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Hels
LOL could you imagine if it went 1:1 just cause you and I were changing our money??

bloody typical!! hehe
At that rate how many people do you think would consider moving back to the UK

Old Jul 28th 2005, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

HIFX = 2.3075..and climbing...

SS
Old Jul 28th 2005, 9:37 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie inflation figures are lower than expected which makes an interest rate less likely and thus pushed the rate back up.

Start praying for bad news on the UK economy so the Bank of England don't cut our rate and it could climb back even further.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 10:03 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
I'm not sure about the interest cut I thought someone said it would weaken the £
I'm no expert in this matter but I understand that if the UK increases interest rates, it generally strengthens the pound against other currencies because more people want to invest where they will get a higher return. So if that's true, then a cut in UK interest rates might mean you can buy a few more $ for your £.
Old Jul 28th 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'm no expert in this matter but I understand that if the UK increases interest rates, it generally strengthens the pound against other currencies because more people want to invest where they will get a higher return. So if that's true, then a cut in UK interest rates might mean you can buy a few more $ for your £.

***** knows.....havent got a clue about things like that
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:01 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me the procedure with HIFX - i've not used them before - can you register with them over the phone then transfer money to oz bank acount the same day? Our HSBC oz account has just opened and I have my BSB and account number - is this enough? We don't have any cards yet or online access.

Lynn
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

parkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of lightparkhigh is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Lynn
I dont know about hsbc but i opened an account with hifx they send you a form and you have to sign and return it with relevant details etc. they wont do over the phone due to money laundering etc. I think you can fax but not quite sure. anyway once registered with a variety of companies incl hifx and the rate being good i rang around and booked a rate on an advance purchase. i ordered money last december and have continued to push it out due to our house not completing.

When you ring them up they will give you a rate but the rate i was told and what i eventually negotiated was considerably different due to me saying so and so are offering x. bear in mind rates fluctuate minute by minute so you have to find a rate you are happy with and then negotiate to the best of your ability. its very simple and then send off a 10% deposit if forward purchase. im sure others will give other advice, this is just my experience.
irene
Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:40 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I would gladly swap my £ for any aussys moving to uk for a better rate than the banks ,ie some where in between
Now theres a website idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.