Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We've finally made it.

We've finally made it.

Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:54 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default We've finally made it.

Hi All,
Quick update again, we've made it to Queensland and been here about a week. Still loads of things to do but the basics are sorted Tax file numbers are easy if you've just arrived as you can do it online, bank accounts are also easy if your quick[within the first 6 weeks] you just need your passports , driving test [written ] is also easy just get a copy of the book from any newsagents and read the appropriate sections most of it is common sense but there are strict limits on distances that need memorising so be warned buy the book!!
Other news the bloody builders still havn't finished the house so we're living on the boat with my folks at Tin Can Bay. No complaints as it's a nice small town very friendly people. We're overdosing on seafood at the moment as the blokes on the prawn trawlers and the crab boats have been feeding us up on the ones that lose a limb and are un-saleable.
There's plenty of work for me here in Tin Can but rates are better down the coast an hour or so. That said I've been offered a load of other jobs outside of what I normally do. I'm thinking of going fishing as it would mean a break from the kids and wife for a few days and the wages are very good at the moment. Coming from Grimsby I guess it's still in my blood.
Hope you guys who have just arrived are settling in as well [no time to read the forum as there's so much to do still]
Sean
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hey!!
Welcome to Brissie!!! Sounds like you are really organised. And a chance of a job fishing....have got the bug after my first trip on a boat this week! Lovely area to make a start in - hope to hear more from you soon!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: We've finally made it.

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi All,
Quick update again, we've made it to Queensland and been here about a week. Still loads of things to do but the basics are sorted Tax file numbers are easy if you've just arrived as you can do it online, bank accounts are also easy if your quick[within the first 6 weeks] you just need your passports , driving test [written ] is also easy just get a copy of the book from any newsagents and read the appropriate sections most of it is common sense but there are strict limits on distances that need memorising so be warned buy the book!!
Other news the bloody builders still havn't finished the house so we're living on the boat with my folks at Tin Can Bay. No complaints as it's a nice small town very friendly people. We're overdosing on seafood at the moment as the blokes on the prawn trawlers and the crab boats have been feeding us up on the ones that lose a limb and are un-saleable.
There's plenty of work for me here in Tin Can but rates are better down the coast an hour or so. That said I've been offered a load of other jobs outside of what I normally do. I'm thinking of going fishing as it would mean a break from the kids and wife for a few days and the wages are very good at the moment. Coming from Grimsby I guess it's still in my blood.
Hope you guys who have just arrived are settling in as well [no time to read the forum as there's so much to do still]
Sean

A break from the wife and kids for a couple of days did you really mean to say that ......
Old Nov 20th 2003, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi Sean

Sounds like you are having a great time. Keep us informed.
Whereabouts in QLD is Tin can Bay?
Debs
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to hear you are now in Brisbane, Cresta and family. Hope your house gets built soon!!

footie chick
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Sean,

Bloody good to hear from you mate. Glad to hear all is settling down for you. Keep us posted and enjoy

Chris, Nita and Matt
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:36 am
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear ya made it there safe and sound,

Good luck have fun, hope the house gets finished real soon for you and let us know on your stuff arriving, any bad news let me know and im ditching Goodwins !! heehee hope it arrives ok

bye
Lottie
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:38 am
Badge

Tin Can Bay is not far from Gympie. It's near Rainbow Beach, and the entrance to the famous Fraser Island...

maybe 5 hours north of Brissy?!!

Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hi Cresta,

Good to hear from you. Post us a nice long update when you get the time
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We've finally made it.

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi All,
Sean
Hi Sean & family
so glad that you've made it and settled in with your folks, bet you can't wait for the house to be built!
so is there alot of building work there? hubby wants to know what the plastering is like!
best of luck for your futures
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:54 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sean and Debs, glad you arrived safely, its great aint it!!