Reload this Page >

We've been selected!!!

We've been selected!!!

Old May 26th 2004, 7:28 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default We've been selected!!!

Wahey!!!

Our EOI has been pulled out of the pool - and we only submitted it yesterday!!

Fingers crossed they don't want any more information and that they need our passports next week for the PR visa!!

We would be celebrating except we have had a MASSIVE row and are currently not talking civilly to each other!

However, I am off for a
Old May 26th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Congratulations!! Hope you kiss and make up soon.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollster,

Whats a EOI?

Sandra
Old May 26th 2004, 7:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've been selected!!!

Originally posted by Pollster
Wahey!!!

Fingers crossed they don't want any more information and that they need our passports next week for the PR visa!!

We would be celebrating except we have had a MASSIVE row and are currently not talking civilly to each other!

However, I am off for a
brill news.
tell me, during the argument did either of u claim they wernt going now? lol
soapy
Old May 26th 2004, 7:42 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

An EOI is an Expression of Interest - the first step in the torturous route to getting PR in NZ.

Soapy - we are already here so it is too far to be able to storm off back to the UK in a huff!

Not that I would want to anyway - the faster I get PR the better in my book - that way I am here forever, whatever happens with jobs or anything - and, as I have just pointed out to hubby, I can kick him out if I want once I have it - I just have to put up with him until then as I can only get PR off the back of him.

So he has his uses, at times.
Old May 26th 2004, 7:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

An EOI is an Expression of Interest - the first step in the torturous route to getting PR in NZ.

Soapy - we are already here so it is too far to be able to storm off back to the UK in a huff!

Not that I would want to anyway - the faster I get PR the better in my book - that way I am here forever, whatever happens with jobs or anything - and, as I have just pointed out to hubby, I can kick him out if I want once I have it - I just have to put up with him until then as I can only get PR off the back of him.

So he has his uses, at times.
ha ha ha , you better keep him happy then.
good luck to u both.
Old May 26th 2004, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

how is application different in NZ than Aus? They pull your names out at random??!!
Old May 26th 2004, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rosie n family
how is application different in NZ than Aus? They pull your names out at random??!!
EOI is different to a straightforward visa application. I think you'll find that EOI is if you haven't the right amount of points ...gulp ... amd I right or wrong guys!?
Old May 26th 2004, 11:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

good luck to you both
xx
Old May 26th 2004, 12:14 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Pollster!!!!

Hope you guys sort out your row soon!!

Petra
Old May 26th 2004, 12:33 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We've been selected!!!

Wahey!!!

However, I am off for a
Nice one. It's a start anyway!! And don't forget, will solve all lifes little problems
Old May 26th 2004, 12:36 pm
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry your wrong ecando.

To apply for PR you cannot just apply for a visa, like you would for a Works Visa for example. Everyone has to fill out an Expression of Interest form, can be done online. This is an extensive form asking the same sort of questions as what would be asked on a visa application. Your EOI is then put into a 'pool' with everyone else's for a set amount of time. Everyweek, I think, applications are selected from the pool, usually they choose the ones with job offers and the highest points etc. Once you are selected you are then invited to Apply for a PR Visa, they request proof of what you have entered in the EOI form and I believe the application for the visa is a lot easier as the EOI form is so thorough. Once all has been checked through they then offer the visa.

Surfer Chick
Old May 26th 2004, 12:37 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ecando
EOI is different to a straightforward visa application. I think you'll find that EOI is if you haven't the right amount of points ...gulp ... amd I right or wrong guys!?
No, EOI is the first step. Basically you register an Expression Of Interest, by filling in some forms and laying out a small amount of cash (about £100?). Every few weeks, NZIS cream off the top few (points-wise) from the EOIs they have and invite you to apply for the PR visa proper. You may have seen that the points tally changes every fortnight or so with NZ applications, this is because(as I said ) they cream off a certain percentage from the top of the pile.
I think this is about right, I'm sure I'll be corrected if it isn't
Old May 26th 2004, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

THANKS for putting me right ....hope I haven't muddied the waters for anyone ...

Old May 26th 2004, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Pollster, have no idea what it means really, even after the explanations, but if you're celebrating then we'll join in too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.