British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   We've been selected!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/weve-been-selected-232793/)

Pollster May 26th 2004 7:28 am

We've been selected!!!

Wahey!!!

Our EOI has been pulled out of the pool - and we only submitted it yesterday!!

Fingers crossed they don't want any more information and that they need our passports next week for the PR visa!!

We would be celebrating except we have had a MASSIVE row and are currently not talking civilly to each other!:rolleyes:

However, I am off for a :beer:

DianeOZ May 26th 2004 7:33 am

Congratulations!! Hope you kiss and make up soon.

S Oldfield May 26th 2004 7:34 am

Pollster,

Whats a EOI?

Sandra

soapy© May 26th 2004 7:35 am

Re: We've been selected!!!

Originally posted by Pollster
Wahey!!!

Fingers crossed they don't want any more information and that they need our passports next week for the PR visa!!

We would be celebrating except we have had a MASSIVE row and are currently not talking civilly to each other!:rolleyes:

brill news.
tell me, during the argument did either of u claim they wernt going now? lol
soapy

Pollster May 26th 2004 7:42 am

An EOI is an Expression of Interest - the first step in the torturous route to getting PR in NZ.

Soapy - we are already here so it is too far to be able to storm off back to the UK in a huff!

Not that I would want to anyway - the faster I get PR the better in my book - that way I am here forever, whatever happens with jobs or anything - and, as I have just pointed out to hubby, I can kick him out if I want once I have it - I just have to put up with him until then as I can only get PR off the back of him.

So he has his uses, at times. :D

soapy© May 26th 2004 7:44 am

An EOI is an Expression of Interest - the first step in the torturous route to getting PR in NZ.

Soapy - we are already here so it is too far to be able to storm off back to the UK in a huff!

Not that I would want to anyway - the faster I get PR the better in my book - that way I am here forever, whatever happens with jobs or anything - and, as I have just pointed out to hubby, I can kick him out if I want once I have it - I just have to put up with him until then as I can only get PR off the back of him.

So he has his uses, at times. :D
ha ha ha , you better keep him happy then.
good luck to u both.

Rosie n family May 26th 2004 8:19 am

how is application different in NZ than Aus? They pull your names out at random??!!

ecando May 26th 2004 8:23 am

Originally posted by Rosie n family
how is application different in NZ than Aus? They pull your names out at random??!!
EOI is different to a straightforward visa application. I think you'll find that EOI is if you haven't the right amount of points ...gulp ... amd I right or wrong guys!? :D

hevs May 26th 2004 11:28 am

good luck to you both:D
xx

artep May 26th 2004 12:14 pm

Good Luck Pollster!!!!

Hope you guys sort out your row soon!!

Petra

wmoore May 26th 2004 12:33 pm

Re: We've been selected!!!

Wahey!!!

Nice one. It's a start anyway!! And don't forget, :beer: will solve all lifes little problems:D:D

Surfer Chick May 26th 2004 12:36 pm

Sorry your wrong ecando.

To apply for PR you cannot just apply for a visa, like you would for a Works Visa for example. Everyone has to fill out an Expression of Interest form, can be done online. This is an extensive form asking the same sort of questions as what would be asked on a visa application. Your EOI is then put into a 'pool' with everyone else's for a set amount of time. Everyweek, I think, applications are selected from the pool, usually they choose the ones with job offers and the highest points etc. Once you are selected you are then invited to Apply for a PR Visa, they request proof of what you have entered in the EOI form and I believe the application for the visa is a lot easier as the EOI form is so thorough. Once all has been checked through they then offer the visa.

Surfer Chick:)

wmoore May 26th 2004 12:37 pm

Originally posted by ecando
EOI is different to a straightforward visa application. I think you'll find that EOI is if you haven't the right amount of points ...gulp ... amd I right or wrong guys!? :D
No, EOI is the first step. Basically you register an Expression Of Interest, by filling in some forms and laying out a small amount of cash (about £100?). Every few weeks, NZIS cream off the top few (points-wise) from the EOIs they have and invite you to apply for the PR visa proper. You may have seen that the points tally changes every fortnight or so with NZ applications, this is because(as I said :rolleyes: ) they cream off a certain percentage from the top of the pile.
I think this is about right, I'm sure I'll be corrected if it isn't :cool:

ecando May 26th 2004 12:47 pm

THANKS for putting me right ....hope I haven't muddied the waters for anyone ...

:(

ANA123 May 26th 2004 1:00 pm

Congrats Pollster, have no idea what it means really, even after the explanations, but if you're celebrating then we'll join in too:beer: :beer: :beer: