Reload this Page >

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

cider medic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Originally Posted by Gillbabe
Good luck to all those starting on 23rd!!! Sooo jealous, still waiting managers approval of my application could take three weeks, looks like if I am successful will be February start. Just want to know either way now.

Tanya, cider medic have you heard anything yet? Good luck with your VC
Brit para
Hi Gill, Nah still waiting to hear about the VC ... (I'm sure they're having trouble finding somewhere to host it down here in Cornwall, we've only just got that new fangled 'lectric') Hopefully soon.
When you have yours Brit para put in a good word will you
Old Jul 27th 2012, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Zayned is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.....
If anyone is wondering, I was told there is a course scheduled for Feb 2013.

I would also be interested in any advice regarding additional information that may be needed during the visa process. My visa was lodged July 9th, however my wife and I couldn't complete our medicals/bloodwork until July 24th.
We're concerned that we won't have enough time for visa processing to make the Sept course. Any info would be appreciated.
Fingers crossed for Sept... If not February isn't too far away!!
Thanks and goodluck....
Old Jul 29th 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

T9DDY is an unknown quantity at this point

Zayned, my visas took approx a month in all, got my email a week after my medical, it's sent via email to sydney so normally sorted within a couple of days.

Got our flight details from IMO Friday, so should get payment request tomorrow
.....we land on 15th aug at 17:25 :0)

Can't wait to see our new home.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the update.....
Have a safe journey......
Old Aug 7th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Omg, money not cleared for flights yet, they had to re book with emirates and now we have different flight times...flight at 21:20 instead of 14:15.....which means we land in Perth at 00:55 instead of 17:25, arh well, will be going straight to our new home and bed anyway.

Hopefully the money will clear tomorrow so IOM can pay for our flights and we can get our e-tickets.

Talk about cutting it fine....seems like all of us are cutting it fine at some point or another with one thing or another lol....flight next Tuesday!!!

Anyway...not heard from many people at the moment, how's it all going?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Gillbabe will become famous soon enoughGillbabe will become famous soon enough

Hi T9ddy,

I think there's more stress actually getting the job in oz than doing it. maybe its a test to see if we can cope under stress. Lol!! I'm still waitin sign off, 7 weeks since fitness test awaiting job offer after managers approval and references, if successful will be a feb start. Anyone had any progress recently everything seems to have ground to a halt. Good luck with the move!!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gillbabe,

Does seem things have slowed down for you all, maybe because they know their taking you all in on the feb date and the sept rush has gone.....will give you more time to get things done, enjoy your last Christmas and winter relaxed.

The visa application can be a little tedious and stressful when cutting it fine, especially with children, as it means more photos and more forms.

I'm sure you'll be fine Gillbabe, if you've made it to the fitness test you've passed the rest and it'll be all good....but you just want that call, so you can relax and start getting excited about your new life to come.

No email today, maybe tomorrow
Old Aug 8th 2012, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Brit_Para is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all!

Dont worry Gill, im sure your offer will come through soon! I wonder if they have an idea of who's going on which course and process our applications (sign off, job offer etc) in one batch? Ive just had VC and was also offered a start in feb if successful, maybe once the sept course is up and running, we'll be in the line of fire and it'll be all go go go!!

If anyone is waiting VC it was very relaxed. Natalie was lovely and there was another guy with her asking questions too, he was also very nice. there were a few situational questions, just around what we will all experience every day at work, and few questions around what plans I've made around making the transition to Oz.

Good luck T9ddy, sounds like the roller coaster ride continues once your thru the selection process!! I thought the visa and flight would b the easy part!! I'm jealous that it's so close for you, you must be so excited!! You'll be an old hand by the time the rest of us get there in feb, you do realise that your gonna have to mentor us all?!?!

Keep us updated and good luck everyone else!
Old Aug 9th 2012, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Got our flights today! Phew! Can take another breath and relax a little now, or maybe not with 5 days to go.

Thanks Brit para, just want to pass this course, get our house, start to work and earn big bucks and start to enjoy our new life, I'll be looking for mentorship from the July entrants to help me through and I'll be glad to pass it on :0)

When we get there we're doing nothing for the first week...or two, apart from go to the beach and take the children to the zoo etc to remind us why we're all there, rather than just go house hunting etc ASAP on arrival....living with parents and in laws over the passed 17months and working OT until my arms and legs fall off have been exhausting.

Ps who's on the Sept course? Pm me so I know who you are.

Last edited by T9DDY; Aug 9th 2012 at 9:27 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Is finishing the VC in well under an hour a good thing or Bad?
I like to think that my answers were direct and succinct and they did seem to do a lot of writing.......!
To anybody else due to have your VC soon "just chilax" (sorry, my youngest keeps using that one on me, apparently it's 'Current' !?)
Thanks to those who contacted me to offer advice and encouragement, now it's just the wait. Besides, Feb 3rd is scarely close...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Don't worry cider, mine lastest about 40mins

Originally Posted by cider medic
Is finishing the VC in well under an hour a good thing or Bad
I like to think that my answers were direct and succinct and they did seem to do a lot of writing.......!
To anybody else due to have your VC soon "just chilax" (sorry, my youngest keeps using that one on me, apparently it's 'Current' !?)
Thanks to those who contacted me to offer advice and encouragement, now it's just the wait. Besides, Feb 3rd is scarely close...
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Visa Approved!!!
I think I'm going to be busy the next few weeks. Hopefully we can find a place to live.

Thanks for all the help, this is a great site, with great people.

Good Luck
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Gillbabe will become famous soon enoughGillbabe will become famous soon enough

Well done Zayned. I am still waiting possible job offer along with others for hopeful start in february. As soon as I have the go ahead we hope to be in Oz for New year. Good luck to all on there way over! Hope the course is going well for the July intake.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 6:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zayned
Visa Approved!!!
I think I'm going to be busy the next few weeks. Hopefully we can find a place to live.

Thanks for all the help, this is a great site, with great people.

Good Luck
Good luck to you too Zayned, hopefully see you all in the new year also.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Kateve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gillbabe
Hi T9ddy,

I think there's more stress actually getting the job in oz than doing it. maybe its a test to see if we can cope under stress. Lol!! I'm still waitin sign off, 7 weeks since fitness test awaiting job offer after managers approval and references, if successful will be a feb start. Anyone had any progress recently everything seems to have ground to a halt. Good luck with the move!!!
just to keep you all updated on your way over, em no there is just as much stress once here, if you're looking for a cruisy 4 week induction course think again! it was pretty tough to get through, lots of study required as well as sorting out rentals, medicare, centrelink, driving licence transfer, school enrolment etc...... they have introduced around 15 new drugs in the last 18 months, and extended skills, hopefully this will all be worth it and I'm sure it will be, but it is definitely not a refresher and a walk in the park.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.