Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old May 18th 2012, 10:43 am
Just Joined

hertzvanrental is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Originally Posted by bigdaisy
visa granted!!!
Contacted iom about flights, price is over £1000 cheaper than booking direct with emirates! Just shipping to arrange now.

Perth here we come, happy days!

BONZA!!! Nice one. Who is IOM?
Old May 18th 2012, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Faith1 is an unknown quantity at this point

visa granted!!!
Contacted iom about flights, price is over £1000 cheaper than booking direct with emirates! Just shipping to arrange now.

Hey how long after your medical went in did your visa get granted??? Congratulations!!!!
Old May 18th 2012, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hertzvanrental
Do family need medical then? I thought it was only me and then they would need medical when applying for residency.
No, the only person who requires the medical is the main applicant, eg you as a Paramedic. All family members who are coming with you (dependants), don't require medicals, unless they also happen to be taking employment in Oz in a position that requires a medical

When you apply for permanent residency, everyone will require a medical, if you get a move on with the PR paperwork, and get your permanent application in within a year of your 457 medical, you as the primary applicant won't have to do the medical again.

Last edited by I wan tee go oz; May 18th 2012 at 1:35 pm. Reason: Because I can
Old May 18th 2012, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T9DDY
That's right hertz, as far as I know.

Just filling my 457visa in and its a bit of a mare. It's says I need to fill the 956 form in, but if i dont need help i doesnt need filling in, right. Anybody get any help anywhere, think I may need a little hand with it, don't want anything delaying if anythings missed.
Have SJA given you a visa/migration agent? They should have as soon as you were given job offer.
As i remember, most of that form was sent to me already filled in by the agent, not long after job offer, i just signed it, And along with completing the 457 visa form, form 1066 i think, sent it all back to agent, but cant remember now if i emailed it or posted it.

Hope this helps
Old May 18th 2012, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

bigdaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

iom is the international organisation for migration, found out about them reading other threads on this website. Thought the prices were to good to be true, but other people on here have booked successfully with them. Email them your date when you want to travel and they will get you a price. Cant organise the flights until you have your visa though.

Had my medical on the 8th, got letter confirming we'd passed on the 16th, visa issued today, 18th.

Hopefully you'll get sorted soon faith.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:28 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Guys you'll love it here, Perth is a great place to live

The induction course is pretty full-on so make sure you actually learn the medications and CPGs that you'll get sent, they're a 'need to know' not a 'nice to know' if you get what I mean. There's no JRCALC you keep in your pocket and flick through when you need it here. The training staff at the CPHC are a great bunch, very very knowledgeable and very helpful and friendly. Although they drive on the left and speak the same language, this is a different country so they're just not interested in war stories or how you did so and so back home, all they're interested in is that you learn the Aussie way of doing things and accept them. They understand the issues around emigrating and couldn't be more helpful or accommodating. Once on the road, the job is exactly the same - same patients, same lame GPs and nursing homes etc etc - but with bigger houses, great beaches and lots of lovely sunshine (even approaching winter here!).

Start swapping phone numbers now guys, get in touch with people on your course, find out where you'll all be living so that you can sort out stuff like car sharing for your first few weeks in Belmont - some of you may end up living quite a trek from the HQ so it makes sense to share transport. Don't sweat the small stuff like changing driving licences but concentrate on learning the Australian medications and CPG's, if you need any help sorting out personal stuff like cars/housing etc, speak to the training staff who will provide any support you need. If you can get here a couple of weeks before the start of your induction course, then do so, jetlag is bloody awful and can leave you feeling dazed for ages so try to get here early and settle in before you start your course.

Relax You're on the verge of the best move you ever made and you'll be surrounded by people only too happy to help you out when you get here
Old May 18th 2012, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Oh man I hope I pass this phone interview. Everyone who's done the move loves it! I've got a mate there who also loves it. He says the worst bit is missing family & friends. This could be a bright New start. Hopefully if it all works out I'll writing posts like Twinsdad! Fingers crossed everyone & good luck. I'm married with 4 kids so would definitely wanna meet up.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:03 am
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Oh man I hope I pass this phone interview. Everyone who's done the move loves it! I've got a mate there who also loves it. He says the worst bit is missing family & friends. This could be a bright New start. Hopefully if it all works out I'll writing posts like Twinsdad! Fingers crossed everyone & good luck. I'm married with 4 kids so would definitely wanna meet up.
thanks,

As preparation for your 'phone interview, read up on signs and symptoms of the most common disorders, i.e. all types of shock, medical and trauma related, read up on management of patients, again both medical and trauma. You'll be asked questions like 'how did you deal with a difficult patient?' 'What is your management of a spinal injury?' what are the signs and symptoms of spinal/neurogenic/shock?' What are the signs and symptoms of a drug overdose and how would you treat it?' What are the signs/symptoms and treatment of anaphylaxis?'. Give an example of how you managed a difficult or aggressive relative etc etc. (just some examples of the type of questions - you'll find others on here).

Don't be disparaging about percieved nuisance callers/time wasters/people with social problems/alcoholics/drug addicts etc - they don't want cynicism or burn outs, they want mature professionals - sorry if that sounds a bit preachy but you'd be suprised at the number of people who fail interviews because they haven't done some homework or use lazy/cynical and unprofessional language or voice their frustrations. Don't slag off your current employer - nobodies's perfect. Be upbeat and positive.

Do some research on the organisation - let them know you've bothered to learn all you can about them and are super keen to be a part of what they're doing/achieving.

They don't ask 'trick' questions or look for reasons to fail you, they simply want you to demonstrate that you know what you're talking about and have a good attitude. Your interviewer will be friendly, professional, very experienced and good at what they do - they want you to be the same.

Hope that helps - let us know how you get on
Old May 19th 2012, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Kateve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinsdad
Guys you'll love it here, Perth is a great place to live

The induction course is pretty full-on so make sure you actually learn the medications and CPGs that you'll get sent, they're a 'need to know' not a 'nice to know' if you get what I mean. There's no JRCALC you keep in your pocket and flick through when you need it here. The training staff at the CPHC are a great bunch, very very knowledgeable and very helpful and friendly. Although they drive on the left and speak the same language, this is a different country so they're just not interested in war stories or how you did so and so back home, all they're interested in is that you learn the Aussie way of doing things and accept them. They understand the issues around emigrating and couldn't be more helpful or accommodating. Once on the road, the job is exactly the same - same patients, same lame GPs and nursing homes etc etc - but with bigger houses, great beaches and lots of lovely sunshine (even approaching winter here!).

Start swapping phone numbers now guys, get in touch with people on your course, find out where you'll all be living so that you can sort out stuff like car sharing for your first few weeks in Belmont - some of you may end up living quite a trek from the HQ so it makes sense to share transport. Don't sweat the small stuff like changing driving licences but concentrate on learning the Australian medications and CPG's, if you need any help sorting out personal stuff like cars/housing etc, speak to the training staff who will provide any support you need. If you can get here a couple of weeks before the start of your induction course, then do so, jetlag is bloody awful and can leave you feeling dazed for ages so try to get here early and settle in before you start your course.

Relax You're on the verge of the best move you ever made and you'll be surrounded by people only too happy to help you out when you get here
That all sounds great twinsdad, we fly out on the 20th June, I start on the July intake, how long before you started did you get all the info from SJA CPG's etc? glad to hear you are all settled and loving it
Old May 19th 2012, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Kateve is an unknown quantity at this point

visa granted!!!

Excellent well done, see you there
Old May 19th 2012, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

T9DDY is an unknown quantity at this point

Great info there 'twinsdad' and 'I wan to go oz' I got a blank 457 no migrant agent, so it's been a mild nightmare plus I'm trying to obtain a TFN too, more forms to fill in with passport copies etc etc

Last edited by T9DDY; May 19th 2012 at 7:28 pm.
Old May 19th 2012, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Apparently TFN is done online so my mate says
Old May 19th 2012, 9:37 pm
Perth WA

Apparently TFN is done online so my mate says
Yes you can apply for your TFN number on line when you get here.
Old May 19th 2012, 9:52 pm
Perth WA

Originally Posted by Kateve
That all sounds great twinsdad, we fly out on the 20th June, I start on the July intake, how long before you started did you get all the info from SJA CPG's etc? glad to hear you are all settled and loving it
You'll be sent pdf copies of everything you need two or three weeks prior to flying out, there are no paper copies or text books here, everything is done on-line. Don't forget that if there's anything you don't understand or if you have any queries the staff at the training centre (CPHC) are only too happy to help you out so just ask them, they understand you're coming from another country in which some of the protocols and meds may be slightly different than what you're used to - only minor differences though, essentially an MI is an MI the world over.

Have you found somewhere to stay yet ?
Old May 19th 2012, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

bigdaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kateve
Excellent well done, see you there
thanks kateve, looking forward to getting started. See you on the 23rd of july.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.