British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/western-australia-ambulance-service-sjaa-675341/)

Goodbye uk Nov 2nd 2011 9:32 am

Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

well folks, I consider myself to be as patient as anyone however......... if there's no movement come jan 1st next year me thinks it could be time to consider withdrawing the application. as it stands everything is on hold here for now....... wont buy new car, wont book holidays, wont move to the bigger house we desperately need to, even holding off taking new mobile phone contracts.

Would be nice to make the move but there comes a time when we have to move on with things here ( or look elsewhere in Aus )

will keep you updated but my interview promised several months ago has yet to happen so its not looking promising.

:D

Zuluman7 Nov 2nd 2011 10:01 pm

hi Goodbye Uk

Are you going to any of the information days held by SJA in Scotland ? hopefully things will start moving again after they leave London ! Its been very slow for me as well only looking at April now if i get accepted as don't think I will have enough time for Feb but hey maybe things really start moving soon :thumbsup:

@lhanna01 is this the first interview or final interview ?:thumbup:

lhanna01 Nov 2nd 2011 10:31 pm

Zulaman its the 1st interview!!! Feel like we are at the bottom of a very big mountain!

lhanna01 Nov 2nd 2011 10:32 pm

Whoops Zuluman7, so for mis-spelling your name.:)

Zuluman7 Nov 2nd 2011 10:42 pm

Hi

So is this a face to face interview in London then ? When is the interview ?The first interview has HR question follow the STAR model method of answering question ! with about 8 clinical question would need to know JRCALC that's what they assess you on and they know it well.

lhanna01 Nov 3rd 2011 7:34 am

Yes a face to face next week, I assume they doing face to face cuz they in the UK doing information sessions, so kill two birds with one stone. Lets see what happens.

michael999 Nov 6th 2011 8:07 am

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any friends or rellies living in Mandurah or live there themselves? It looks wonderful on the net, but....every time I do a search on the town, Google brings up many Mosquito horror stories. :ohmy: Can anyone give any advice if this is still an ongoing problem (people are describing pets being engulfed in seconds and not being able to sit out in their yards the moment the sun starts to go down for fear of the little blighters). Are some areas plagued out and other suburbs pest free? Or is the whole town best avoided??? Anyone with any experience of the area please help. Thanks. :confused:

Pollyana Nov 6th 2011 8:17 am

Originally Posted by michael999 (Post 9717898)
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any friends or rellies living in Mandurah or live there themselves? It looks wonderful on the net, but....every time I do a search on the town, Google brings up many Mosquito horror stories. :ohmy: Can anyone give any advice if this is still an ongoing problem (people are describing pets being engulfed in seconds and not being able to sit out in their yards the moment the sun starts to go down for fear of the little blighters). Are some areas plagued out and other suburbs pest free? Or is the whole town best avoided??? Anyone with any experience of the area please help. Thanks. :confused:

Loads of BE posters live in Mandurah - have a search through the forum, or post the question in a trhead of its own, and you should get replies :)

Zuluman7 Nov 10th 2011 11:21 pm

Hello

Anyone else on here have any further information regarding kinetic health medical questionnaires ?:confused: This seems like something else to delay the process now !!

hater Nov 16th 2011 10:47 pm

Just to give you a small update:
Visa is lodged... Medical next monday (21th).... We're still trying to get to OZ for a start on the 14th of December...

michael999 Nov 17th 2011 12:13 am

Good luck hater :thumbsup:

michael999 Nov 17th 2011 12:15 am

Goodbye UK, have you had your interview now? :unsure:

Goodbye uk Nov 17th 2011 12:57 am

Nothing yet Michael. I offered to travel to meet them when they were in London this week but was too late as all slots filled. Im assured there's no problem and its just taking time to arrange tel interviews.

Will continue with life as us in UK untill after new year then may consider looking elsewhere in Australia. I don't think Queensland are actively recruiting just now but they pay up to $5K relocation.

Good to see some of us making progress. Hopefully things will move a bit quicker next year.......... Or maybe I'll change my forum name to stuckinuk. :-)

michael999 Nov 17th 2011 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Goodbye uk (Post 9738422)
Nothing yet Michael. I offered to travel to meet them when they were in London this week but was too late as all slots filled. Im assured there's no problem and its just taking time to arrange tel interviews.

Will continue with life as us in UK untill after new year then may consider looking elsewhere in Australia. I don't think Queensland are actively recruiting just now but they pay up to $5K relocation.

Good to see some of us making progress. Hopefully things will move a bit quicker next year.......... Or maybe I'll change my forum name to stuckinuk. :-)

Crikey, all slots filled. Hopefully it will all start for you in the New Year. The last I heard and don't quote me on this was that Queensland were only looking for a small handful of Paramedics to fill some of the outback positions that had remained unfilled to date. Good luck, hang in there.

irishman2002 Nov 17th 2011 9:48 pm

hi medic from ireland applyed in march got email for phone interview 3 weeks ago best of look to everyone.:)